crock pot bags??

crock pot bags??

Is there any cheaper alturnatve to crock pot bags?? I cant really clean our pot at work so the bags are nessasary. I was wondering if there was an offbrand yet? Any cupons? Or anything that would help. Thanks!

bad, bags, cheaper, clean, cooking, cost, crock, crock pot, cupons, door, end, hat, head, home, knew, meals, pot, thought, wondering, work, offbrand, alturnatve, nessasary

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    south bend IN cat lady
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default crock pot bags??

Is there any cheaper alturnatve to crock pot bags?? I cant really clean our pot at work so the bags are nessasary. I was wondering if there was an offbrand yet? Any cupons? Or anything that would help. Thanks!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to redring For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: crock pot bags??

I don't use the crock pot bags so I can't speak for a cheaper brand or how much they are but would using oven bags be cheaper? You could place the ingredients in the oven bag and maybe tie it loosely or not at all. If it will withstand the heat of the oven it should be fine in a crockpot I would think. Not sure if it would be cheaper since I don't know how much the bags are but its a thought.
    Mdowdy

Freebies Make My Day
    Downloads
    Uploads

I guess my question is Why do you NEED to clean it at work? Why not wait until you get home, let it soak for a few mins, there is NO need to use any type of bags. That is a waste of YOUR money. This is just my opinion.
    Hope Everyone Is Enjoying The Day. Best Wishes From MN ~ Pamela

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

My favorite tool for cleaning a crockpot is a flat razor with handle .. I picked mine up at the dollar store with a blade .. I keep it on the window shelf and when the crockpot needs cleaned I run it around the sides and bottom and that gets the majority of the issue

At work I used to put some hot water and soap (I brought in a small container for dishes) turn it on low .. At the end of the day, I could easily clean it out and it was ready for the next Friday meal

Having a small spice jar filled with baking soda also helps with stubborn spots on bottom corners.

This actually brings back memories of working and having a potluck every Friday at the office.

Back then the CP were one piecers too - what a pain to clean
    Ria

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Crock pot bags, seem extravegant for, at home use, however; they were another great trick when my hubby was driving truck long haul. There is really no way of cleaning the crock pot on a truck, unless you want to lug the thing into the ladies rest room, and we WONT EVEN GO THERE ABOUT THE GERMS IN THOSE PLACES, so we used the crock pot bags, they were a real life saver.

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

I still have a couple of those one piece CP's made by Rival ( one olive green, one red), still work great too. One is in camper and one gets used on a regular basis.Yes they are a pain to clean but don't want to get rid of them since they still work. Like your hint of soapy water and then turning it on low. (that should help soften up the gunk)
    Niddi

Nearly a Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nothing that I know of, but it would be nice to know of any.

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

I, personally don't care for them myself. I have tried them in the past and I tend to make more of a mess trying to pour out the ingredients in a casserole dish. I just soak my crock-pots with water and dishwashing detergent and that works.
    I also make sure I spray my crock-pots with non-stick spray and that helps tremendously.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast