Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Frugal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Easy and inexpensive room tranformations

I know - I must be nuts but I am starting to get ready for spring ideas ideas - they are flowing so I thought I would share some ideas for quick, instant changes in your home’s décor - try some of these tricks,

1 - Paint those walls! This will provide the biggest bang for your time and money. Within a day or two you can transform a room.

2 -Add a Rug! Area rugs can define a space, change a color scheme, cozy up a room, add personality and drama with minimal expense and effort. Rugs can be found at discount stores, home improvement stores, flooring stores, auctions and even garage sales for very reasonable prices. Of course, if you want a fine heirloom rug you can spend as much as your budget will allow.

3 - Decorate the walls! Frame your family photos creating a theme such as, first day of school, classroom pictures, vacations, pets, weddings, gardens etc

4 -Buy or make a few accent pillows! Accent pillows are a wonderful source of color and personality in a room. If your décor allows, they can be changed with the seasons or just updated occasionally for a new burst of color and style.

5 - Move belongingsand everything around! Don’t be afraid to rearrange things in your home. Just changing the accessories or pictures from room to room can bring about a huge change. I like to do this from time to time. I do not usually move furniture around, as there is usually a best floorplan for every room, although I do like to create a quick makeover by moving my pictures and nik-naks around the house.

Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong - Lynn in Virginia

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to faxonfive For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Easy and inexpensive room tranformations

I have a really pretty bed set that I dearly love but can not use... Makes me so darn mad. We have a Collie.. and she absolutely insists on sleeping at the foot of our bed. She NEVER gets on my bed... unless I forget to close the bedroom door when we go somewhere, but... her hair is long and thick, her just being in the room sends hair flying everywhere. So I have to vacuum the floors, dressers, WALLS, and bedding EVERYDAY!
    So, until I can figure out what to do about the problem, I have to make do with my UGLY washable wearable set... darn it.

south bend IN cat lady
    Downloads
    Uploads

LOL!! We have a cat who dose that. I find clones in our house. I understand your plight.

Frugal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

My oldest cat seems to LOVE my pillow...so the master bedroom looks wonderful with the exception of my pillow case...have to use an old one so he wont mess it up
    Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong - Lynn in Virginia

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Great tips Lynn, this type of thing is just what I like to do. When you ask me about spring ideas for your kitchen I didn't realize that you were talking about painting it. I always change around my furniture, my pictures from room to room, and so on. It can really change the look of your house in one day. I do this type of changing about every season. I like to have a different look once in awhile. I alway keep extra sets of curtains too. This way you can change around the look in each room. I've also been known to trade bed covers from to room. It's nice to have something look a little different. Thanks for the tips Lynn.
    Tonia

Wisdom is doing now what you will be happy with later on.

Frugal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am rerally getting in the mood to CHANGE something!!! Not only the kitchen but Deanne's room!!! I have been looking!!! You ready to change too???

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well, while this might not be cheap it certainly changes the look of things. We went this weekend to Lowe's and picked up new light switches and outlet covers for the whole house. We have the old style that the previous owners painted and wanted to update our house with the newer rocker ones that we had in our last house. While we picked those up we got motion ones for the bathrooms and a dimmer for the dining room. This weekend we will install them.

I am so excited!

Frugal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

nice ideas jenny!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast