Mint Morning drink- Breakfast Ideas

I used to have a mint plant and I would pick off 2-3 leaves, crush the leaves, boil them in some water (about enough for 3 drinks) and add a hint of vanilla. (I never ate the leaves I just let them sit at the bottom of my cup*) It was one of my favorite beverages even though it was pretty simple

beat, bee, bit, dri, drink, flavor, gonna, hurting, invest, love, min, mint, morning, plan, plant, smell, thought, throat, til, years, leaves, drinks, favorite, bottom, sore, good, beverages, compared, bland, there-, pretty, simple, hint, pick, crush, boil, vanilla, water

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mint Morning drink

I used to have a mint plant and I would pick off 2-3 leaves, crush the leaves, boil them in some water (about enough for 3 drinks) and add a hint of vanilla. (I never ate the leaves I just let them sit at the bottom of my cup*) It was one of my favorite beverages even though it was pretty simple and a little bland compared to most drinks out there- it was especially good for a sore throat.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Tarrien For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mint Morning drink

I used to have a chocolate mint plant. That plant grew so good, had it for several years & then out of the blue it died. I used to take a few leaves, crush them up, put in a tea strainer & put in a cup of hot coffee. Loved it.

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

That sounds really good too... Gah, I need to go to a nursery and pick up a mint plant!

Smart Budgeter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I grow mint in my backyard. My favorite thing to do with it is add it to iced tea. It's just about the only thing I drink in the summer, besides water!
    I am SO looking forward to "empty-nest syndrome"!

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think I need to invest into a mint plant. Love the smell of it and flavor can't be beat. Used to have a mint plant years ago, hadn't thought about one until now. Thanks.
    Tonia

Wisdom is doing now what you will be happy with later on.

Smart Budgeter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mint grows like a weed in my yard! Every spring I thin out the plants and ask everyone I know if they would like some. Too bad y'all live so far from PA, otherwise I would bring you some!
    I am SO looking forward to "empty-nest syndrome"!

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mine used to sit in a large planter next to my door, so if it was chillier out it was a quick run out. At my new home there's not a lot of plants so I might just plant one in the front so our house doesn't look to naked

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

i'm gonna try this since my throat has been hurting a bit.
    Ich möchte ein eisbär sein, am kalten polar.... Dan müßte ich nicht mehr schrein... Alles wär so klar... Eisbären müssen nie weinen
    I'd like to be a polar bear, at the cold polar.. Then I wouldn't have to cry anymore.. Everything would be so clear.. Polar bears never have to cry