Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donate Plasma

Freebies Make My Day
    Downloads
    Uploads

Info Donate Plasma

Not sure if alot of you have access to this. But donating plasma is a good source for additional income. I use the $ as free entertainment (weekly we can go out and buy a special treat or night on the town).

You can donate 2 times in a 7 day period. They pay cash (tax free). Most clinics are open 7 days a week. It takes 45 mins to donate + depending on how busy they are a waiting time. They pay based on your weight:
    110-149lbs 1st $15, 2nd $20
    150-174lbs 1st $25, 2nd $30
    175-400lbs 1st $25, 2nd $35

So you can make $35, $55, or $60 per week. Thats $1820, $2860, or $3120 a year (would make for a nice xmas if you saved up).

The place I go is ZLB Plasma -Donate plasma today and help save lives! but you can do a search for your area. In Minneapolis we have 2 companies that do this, normally located close to a collage.

FYI
    Hope Everyone Is Enjoying The Day. Best Wishes From MN ~ Pamela

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jkpjohnson For This Useful Post:

Frugal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Donate Plasma

I have found that most of the places where you can donate plasma are near military bases.
    Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong - Lynn in Virginia

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

What a great idea not only can you make a little spending money but can also help save lives!
    Nice post!

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I forgot about this option. I'll have to look into it for spare change here and there

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

How is it done? Do you feel week afterwards like when you donate blood?

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

We have a place here, where you can donate. They pay a certain amount not by weight here. The first trip here takes like 3 1/2 hours from what they told me. I haven't started yet because I can't seem to find 3 1/2 hours all together to get started lol. Maybe once the little one starts school I will have more opportunity.
    Mdowdy

Freebies Make My Day
    Downloads
    Uploads

The 1st time generally does take 3+ hours, you need to get a quick physical by the nurse. I do not feel week at all. When you donate Blood they do not put anything back in your system. When you donate Plasma, they pump your red blood cells back into you + a saline to keep you hydrated.

In our clinic (after the first visit), they check your temp, iron level, heart rate to make sure you are healthy enough to donate (make sure your iron level is up, this gets me once in awhile, I do not eat alot of red meat, so I take an Iron pill 150% daily requirement). If you pass everything, you lay on a cot for about 45 min while they take your plasma, most have TV's or play movies to keep you entertained. But you can read, use your laptop (no cell phones allowed). Then you are done, they give you a PIN # to use on their ATM machine. You walk out the door, 10 mins after you are done donating. I have never had a bad experiance. They normally only let a couple people actually put the needle in, but each setup is checked by 2 or 3 differant people.

Freebies Make My Day
    Downloads
    Uploads

I forgot, if you do want to do this.
    ~ do not smoke 1-2 hrs before (it does raise your blood pressure)
    ~ eat a full meal right before
    ~ take a asprin (to help keep temp down and blood pressure)
    ~ take daily iron or multi vitamin (if your iron runs low ~ Women)
    ~ Alot of people eat a banana right before (why ????)
    ~ Do not drink caffine product a couple hours before (to keep blood pressure low).

It makes me mad when I get there and I get rejected because my iron or temp is off (for something stupid as forgetting an iron pill or .....).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast