Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up uses for ziploc bags

1. Knead dough. Place dough in a Ziploc bag so your fingers donít get sticky. Or slip your hand into the bag and wear it like a glove. 2. Store panty hose. Nude, Tan, Nearly Naked ó they look the same out of the package. Tear off the corner of the package listing the brand, size, and color, then slip it into a bag. Store each pair in its own bag to keep hose organized and prevent snags.
    3. Remove chewing gum or candle wax from a tablecloth, a couch, or carpeting. Gently rub gum or wax with a Ziploc bag filled with ice cubes until the substance hardens. Shatter gum with a blunt object, then vacuum up the chips. Carefully peel off frozen wax with a plastic spatula.
    4. Pipe frosting. Snip off a tiny corner to use a Ziploc as a pastry bag.
    5. Store homemade soup. Fill up bags, then lay them flat in the freezer. When the bags of soup freeze flat, youíll be able to pile them up like stacked books for easy, space-saving storage.
    6. Protect precious cargo. No bubble wrap? Slip a straw into the top of a nearly closed Ziploc bag and inflate. Remove the straw and seal to make a cushion. (Heirlooms, however, should wait for that bubble wrap.)
    7. Break up graham crackers or vanilla wafers to make a piecrust. Fill a bag with the cookies, then roll a rolling pin over it.
    8. Prevent a handbag from turning into a snow globe. Store pressed powder and other compacts in Ziploc bags.
    9. Gather herbs from the garden. Before winter frost sets in, wash, pat dry, and freeze the herbs in Ziploc bags.

10. Ice an injury. Fill a bag with ice cubes to create a cold compress.

source-real simple
    Mdowdy

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mdowdy For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: uses for ziploc bags

I used to slip on ziploc bags for when I buttered pans so things wouldn't stick to them.

The cushion idea was great too ^^

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Also for the shortening to grease the cake pans what a life saver! Hands are still so clean afterwards! Have also used it for kids fingerpainting, slip their hands in before they smear all the paint and easier to mix the colors on the paper without the nasty stains on their hands! Same with coloring easter eggs-guess you could say they work wonders as an impromptu glove

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

what is the best way to wash a ziploc? i have tried by hand and in the washer with the towels.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

As with the suggestion to fill and snip end for frosting....I do this to fill deviled eggs(just make sure the zip top is securely sealed.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bethaliz6894 View Post
    what is the best way to wash a ziploc? i have tried by hand and in the washer with the towels.

What I do is wash them in the sink in hot soapy water. I then put them over a spatula or cooking spoon to dry. I don't rewash the ones that had things in them like chicken or something that may have bacteria that could be missed.
    Mdowdy