All Day Chicken

I saw some great prices on fryer chickens this week at the market and it made me think of a recipe that my Mom use to make- All Day Chicken. 1 whole chicken (or use two fryer chickens that you got on sale) butter seasonings (whatever you like) Heat oven to 450 degrees. Get a pan big

aluminum, balls, chicken, crockpot, day, family, finger, foil, good, hat, jus, liquid, loves, low, roasted, sounds, spices, thing, tom, yummy, Chicken, chickens, oven, fryer, place, temp, wrap, butter, hour, tightly, pats, sides, center, lower, secure, 9am-10am, bone, gravy, needed, potatoes/rice, veggie, serve, falls, dinner, assuming, cook, 5pm-6pm, start, unwrap-, piece

Thread: All Day Chicken

Smart Budgeter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile All Day Chicken

I saw some great prices on fryer chickens this week at the market and it made me think of a recipe that my Mom use to make- All Day Chicken.

1 whole chicken (or use two fryer chickens that you got on sale)
    butter
    seasonings (whatever you like)

Heat oven to 450 degrees. Get a pan big enough to hold chicken and cut a big piece of tin foil (much bigger than the pan as you will need to wrap it over the chicken). Place tin foil in pan and set chicken(s) on foil. Season with spices and put a few pats of butter on top of chicken(s). Wrap all sides of foil to the center of the chicken(s) and secure tightly. Place chicken in oven for 1 hour at 450 and then lower oven temp to 275. Cook the chicken all day at this temp (assuming dinner is at 5pm-6pm and you start this at 9am-10am). Take chicken out and unwrap- it falls off the bone and is so yummy (no gravy needed at all). I serve this with a veggie and potatoes/rice.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to kkiriazis For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: All Day Chicken

Thanks, this sounds good for those small chickens you get on sale.

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Definitely finger-lickin' good. I do mine by placing the whole chicken in my crockpot with just spices and let it do its thing on low for the day. To get more of a roasted chicken result, I put aluminum foil balls in the bottom to keep the chicken out of the liquid that will develope.
    I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I never thought of using aluminum foil balls. I hate it when the meat sits on the bottom of the crock. Thanks for the tip!

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

This sounds yummy. My family loves Chicken.