Thread: recessionize

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Recessionize

Wondering what people are doing or planning on doing as we head into Recession 2008. Include ideas or actions already put into place to defend off the worries of Recession 2008.

From a high level, I have actually moved some of my investments to money market funds and bond funds until everything settles down. My idea is this, retain the profits made from the last few years, wait until the market settles down, and then buy up everything that is cheap.

Give ideas from investments to cutting back on personal spending (i.e. no more Starbucks coffee).

still digging' my way out
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Re: Recessionize

I have 2 words that made a difference in my life. Salvage Yard. My in-laws get the newspaper & they give us theirs after they are done reading it. So we were like getting over loaded with all of the papers in our house. I saw an ad in the paper that this company will pay for your newspapers and cardboard. It was really weird. We have recycling in my city but sometimes they just don't care and throw it in with the regular garbage. So I decided to try it. I brought back 2 boxes of newspapers and got $2.80! YAY! I'm happy even for the little things. I mean we were recycling before for free.