understanding what your coupons say

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking understanding what your coupons say

The most commonly misunderstood phrase on a coupon in “one per purchase.” What this actually means is one per item. You are purchasing each item, are you not? So each item, no matter how many you have, is a purchase. It does NOT means one per transaction. If it meant that it would say so. Cashiers and even many managers misunderstand this phrase. If yours do be sure to politely ask them to check with their corporate office. Even better, volunteer to call them yourself (and have the number in your wallet or purse).

When your coupon says “one per transaction,” it means that you can only use one when you are purchasing one or more items whether they are the same or not. You may use another if you pay for the first transaction and then do another transaction. As a matter of fact I have done as many as four transactions consecutively using identical “one per transaction” coupons in each with no problem.

“One per order” means the same as “one per transaction.”

You can use a “one per customer” coupon only once for every time you enter the store. According to most corporate policy, every time you walk into a store you are a “new” customer. One exception to this is if you must use some form of customer loyalty card to use the coupon. Then you are trackable and they can verify if you have used a coupon or not. The way I maximize my use of these coupons is to take the goods from my first transaction out to the car, unload them, and go back for another transaction. Just to avoid potential hassle I may go to a different cashier or to the pharmacy counter. But if that’s not possible I don’t hesitate to go back to the very same cashier. It is definitely legal!

Buy One Get One Free (B1G1) are my favorite coupons because many times I can get free items with them. Here’s the logic: all coupons are basically a check from the manufacturer to the store. The store will be reimbursed by the manufacturer. The B1G1 coupons will net the store the full price of an item. Now, when you combine these with a store B1G1 promotion you may well get the item for free because the store covers the cost of the second item. Read “How to use theB1G1” for further explanation on the use of B1G1 coupons.

source-ehow
    Last edited by mdowdy; 01-19-2009 at 12:25 PM. Reason: to seperate posts to ee individual steps
    Mdowdy

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mdowdy For This Useful Post:

south bend IN cat lady
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: understanding what your coupons say

I always hand DH a extra cupon and make him get in line behind me. He really hates it.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Star Re: understanding what your coupons say

I always hand DH a extra cupon and make him get in line behind me
    And then this way you are saving time as well. Because then he is a new customer in line. I've done the same thing if I have several coupons stating this type of transaction.
    He really hates it
    But then he realizes the savings for the household doesn't he.
    This is a good tip redwing..
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

south bend IN cat lady
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks . yes he dose it the only reason he will do it.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I do that too as well as the items that have a limit on how many you can buy like these ar on sale for 1.00 a piece but you can only buy 5.
    Mdowdy

Freebies Make My Day
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mdowdy View Post
    Buy One Get One Free (B1G1) are my favorite coupons because many times I can get free items with them. Here’s the logic: all coupons are basically a check from the manufacturer to the store. The store will be reimbursed by the manufacturer. The B1G1 coupons will net the store the full price of an item. Now, when you combine these with a store B1G1 promotion you may well get the item for free because the store covers the cost of the second item. Read “How to use B1G1 coupons to get free groceries” for further explanation on the use of B1G1 coupons.

source-ehow
    Were is Read “How to use B1G1 coupons to get free groceries” for further explanation on the use of B1G1 coupons.? Did I miss it somewhere?
    Hope Everyone Is Enjoying The Day. Best Wishes From MN ~ Pamela

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry about that, I wil get that posted
    Mdowdy

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jkpjohnson View Post
    Were is Read “How to use B1G1 coupons to get free groceries” for further explanation on the use of B1G1 coupons.? Did I miss it somewhere?

posted in this forum, sorry about that under title how to use the B1G1
    Last edited by mdowdy; 01-19-2009 at 12:28 PM.
    Mdowdy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast