Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Stock up on those Valentine's day deals!

Every year during January and February I stock up on romantic items. I hit the dollar store, discount stores, after holiday sales, etc. I store them in a clear container that I call my love box. I do not get perishable food items. I keep my pantry stocked with items that I can whip together quick appetizers instead.

Try to stay away from items that say Valentine's day so that you can use them year round. That way when the mood strikes you already have some great stuff. Those red plastic bead garland strands from after Christmas sales make great decorations for romance. String them in lights, on the dinner table, in doorways, etc.

Keep a printable menu on your computer to whip up a printed menu for those romantic dinners for two. It takes about 30 minutes to create a menu, but you can re-use it over and over again by just changing the food items and re-printing them. Punch holes in the side and string ribbon through to add a nice decorative touch.

This year I got some great stuff that I will be able to use all year long. I stocked up on little stuffed animals, paper doilies, lover's coupon books, some decorations, small romantic gift items, romantic cards, tableware, etc. I only add in a like 2 or 3 new decoration items each year as they tend to be a little expensive around $10 each. This year I got a red feather heart wreath and a wooden I love you sign that is decorated with red glitter and hearts.

I am on the hunt year round for stuff to add to my box. One July I found 3 large boxes of rose petals on clearance for a buck each. Love those wedding left overs

Now, I can pull together a romantic night in about 45 minutes complete with an appetizer snack tray and beverages.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to JennyCup For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Great ideas!!! Thanks!!!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

When I was in school and we handed out valentines, my mom always got ones from the past year when they were on sale. I also remember one girl made her valentines (just construction paper with a stamp) one year, they were pretty awesome in my opinion-especially if I still remember it.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tarrien For This Useful Post:

Frugal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Excellent ideas for being frugal!!
    Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong - Lynn in Virginia

8. The Following User Says Thank You to faxonfive For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Heart Re: Stock up on those Valentine's day deals!

Tarrien,

I can remeber when I was 4th grade we made Valentines Cards for everyone. Made them out out red or pink paper and doilies. These were the best - I went thur my Mothers cedar chest and it was still there intact, after years of being tucked away. Memories
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Stock up on those Valentine's day deals!

My baby girl's birthday is next week so she usually gets heart plates and cups for her party because I buy them the day after Valentine's at half price. Glad she's a girl so I can get away with it!

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Stock up on those Valentine's day deals!

Maked down Valentines Candies would be nice to decorate a cake with also. Or as party favors.
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"