Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Deal GURU
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fire Question on Point Deletion

I lost 10 points for posting "This offer is not available to Canadians". I do this so my fellow Canucks don't have to bother going somewhere where the offer is not for us. I didn't mean to offend anyone but don't think I should be docked for this. I was just going to let it go but it bothers me. I don't like to lose point for doing others a kindness.

Suey

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

I agree you're doing others a service,Why would you loose points for that???
    Niddi

3. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Niddi For This Useful Post:

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I lost 10 points for posting "This offer is not available to Canadians". I do this so my fellow Canucks don't have to bother going somewhere where the offer is not for us. I didn't mean to offend anyone but don't think I should be docked for this. I was just going to let it go but it bothers me. I don't like to lose point for doing others a kindness.
    Suey
    Suey, the points are fluctuating due to updates we're making in the freebies forum, please be assured your points will available within the next few hours.
    If you believe that your points did not properly update, please let me know so we can check into it.

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to wilbe95 For This Useful Post:

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Info

Quote Originally Posted by wilbe95 View Post
    Suey, the points are fluctuating due to updates we're making in the freebies forum, please be assured your points will available within the next few hours.
    If you believe that your points did not properly update, please let me know so we can check into it.

Sueys points will Not go back up.

When a person posts in a forum they receive 2 pts. Items that are deleted for whatever reason, the points that were previously awarded are removed. So if 5 posts are deleted, then 10 pts are removed.

The reason for this is because we have had several people create posts, get their points and then delete their posts in the same day for the sole purpose of boosting points. The system is completely automated and updates several times throughout the day.

Suey, your posts about the offer not being available to Canucks were deleted because the posts were made in the USA Freebies forum and are assumed that they are not available for Canadians already unless specified so by the original poster.

If the offer is posted in the Canadian Freebies forum and is found to be not available, then please post it.

If you would like to add to the post when it IS also available to fellow Canadians, then feel free to add, "this offer is ALSO available to Canadians", if it is not already specified.
    ~Enjoy!~

FreebieQueen

Like Budget101 on Facebook!
    Join us on Twitter #Budget101

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to FreebieQueen For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oh my! I'm still learning a lot here each day! I run through freebie stuff each day and only click on few. Until now I had no clue that there was two freebie lists running! One for us USA'ers and another for our neighbors to the north. thank you Freebie Queen for enlightening me a little more today!

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to brchbell For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Downloads
    Uploads

I still don't understand and now my pm is full of deletes. The freebie forum doesn't say anything about it being for US only and I am only letting Canadians know this site is not for them. Freebie Queen is the only one that seems to have a problem with my posts. Once again I don't understand why. I hope someone can explain it to me. Thanks
    Suey

11. The Following User Says Thank You to suey For This Useful Post:

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fire

I still don't understand and now my pm is full of deletes. The freebie forum doesn't say anything about it being for US only and I am only letting Canadians know this site is not for them.
    Please Read the Rules for that Particular Forum, as they have Not changed and the very first line indicates

"This Freebie board is for USA Freebies only. If you are looking for Canadian Freebies- please see our Canadian Board."

I hope someone can explain it to me. Thanks
    Please read the above post, it has been explained to you, several times, both in Private Messages and in this forum.

If you would like to add that the post IS ALSO available for Canadians, that is fine.

Posting that the item is NOT available is just point boosting. If it was posted in the USA forum, it is assumed that it is for USA ONLY, unless otherwise specified.

Please take the time to read the rules for the individual forums, they are located in Announcements at the very top of each forum and contain important information to prevent misunderstandings such as this.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to FreebieQueen For This Useful Post:

Crazy diamond
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Question on Point Deletion

I just noticed I have this under my experience points:

* Points for Misc: -2
    * Deletion Addicted: -2

I'm not too concerned about accumulating points - I get the most value from all the awesome people whose posts help me get freebies (thank you all!!!) but as a (former) overachiever, I hate to see a negative #s out there.

Not sure how I got those or when they got on there (and are they two separate things?). The only thing I can remember deleting recently was a post on my profile, and that's only b/c it's a habit of mine from work to delete old messages, not that I had anything against the sender (I think she's pretty nice, in fact). Can anyone help me understand? I quit smoking and gambling and I'm working on kicking the coffee habit again but now I have a new addiction I need to break?!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast