Heart Angelic Deviled Eggs

Angelic Deviled Eggs
    Makes 12 servings

6 eggs
    1/4 cup low fat cottage cheese
    3 tbsp fat free ranch salad dressing
    2 tsp Dijon mustard
    2 tbsp fresh chives , minced (or dill)
    1 tbsp pimento peppers , well-drained and diced (or roasted red pepper)

In a medium saucepan place eggs, adding enough water to cover the eggs completely. Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 15 minutes. Drain water from saucepan and add cold water to eggs in saucepan until the eggs are cool, then again drain water from saucepan, remove shells from eggs, and discard egg shells. Cut eggs in half lengthwise, remove yolks from eggs, and reserve 3 yolk halves. Throw away remaining yokes or save for later use and place the cut egg whites on a serving platter, cut sides up. Cover the cut egg whites with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator while making the filling. In a food processor combine the cottage cheese, dressing, mustard, and reserved egg yolk halves and process until mixture is smooth, or place all the ingredients in a small bowl and mash with a fork until well blended. In a small bowl place the cheese mixture and stir in the chives and pimiento and spoon the mixture into the egg white halves, then cover and chill for at least 1 hour and garnish if desired.

Nutrition information per serving
    Calories 46.3
    Total Carbs 2g
    Dietary Fiber 0.1g

Sugars 0.7g
    Total Fat 2.6g
    Saturated Fat 0.8g
    Unsaturated Fat 1.8g
    Protein 3.7g
    Sodium 116.9mg

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wilbe95 For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Looks like another great recipe for a couple of reasons. 1- my hubby and I are on a low fat diet, because of diabetes and high cholesterol, and 2- I HATE egg yolks.. lol.. nice way to trim them down. Thanks again for posting Kim

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mardhines For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

I wasn't going to tell this... but i just have to..LOL..

My hubby as many probably already know, is a retired truck driver. I always went with him. As I mentioned, I hate egg yolk. Every truck stop that we have eaten at, I always order a veggie omelet, with egg white only. One morning we were at a particular truck stop in Houston, TX. I ordered my usual breakfast, the waitress, hopped back from me like I had the plague, and with one hand on her hip she pointed her order pad at me and said, " I have heard about you, you are the egg white lady"! LOL LOL... And, I might add.. she was not very quiet about it, every head in the place turned. LOL.. Now the really funny thing about this is, that was only the second time I had been in there, and it had to have been at least 6 months since I was there. So, I guess my reputation preceeded me...LOL. It was a wee bit embarrassing, but I soon got over it. My hubby still chuckles about it. Thanks for enduring yet another long post of pure 100% nonesense. True story though.... I promise and cross my heart. LOL

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mardhines For This Useful Post:

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oh how funny! Wouldn't it just be fun togo back to that place and see if they still remember you. The egg white's taste the best and make the best omelets. One of my boys loves boiled eggs but will only eat the whites and try's to throw away the yolks.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wilbe95 For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oh how funny! Wouldn't it just be fun togo back to that place and see if they still remember you.

LOL.. I did say that I had gotten over it, but not well enough to go back lol. It's funny with kids, some really like them, some don't. My Grandson, who is 2, won't eat eggs at all, and neither will his Mother, or my oldest daughter. Strange how those things work.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mardhines For This Useful Post: