Raleigh, North Carolina
    Blog Entries

Default Cherry Blush Cake with Sabayon

I saw this recipe in a magazine while I was getting blonded and thought is was something perfectly decadent for sweethearts I haven't made this so I don't know anything about it, but it just sounded so darned good that I thought that I'd pass it on. if anyone makes it, please let us know if it is as good as it sounds!!!
    Cherry Blush Cake with Sabayon
    1/2 cup butter, softened
    1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
    3 cups sugar (gasp!)
    6 eggs
    4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    1 tsp baking powder
    2 tsp cherry extract
    1/2 cup maraschino cherry juice
    30 maraschino cherries, chopped, patted dry with paper towel
    Saboyon Sauce:
    8 egg yolks
    2/3 cups sugar
    1 cup dry sherry
    1 cup heavy cream
    Cherry brandy, if desired
    Dark chocolate sauce
    Chocolate-dipped cherries, if desired
    Heat oven to 325 degrees. Apray 10-inch tube pan with nonstick cooking spray. In large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese at high speed until blended. Slowly add 3 cups sugar (again, gasp!). Beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each adition. Combine 4 cups of the flour with baking powder. Add to butter mixture and blend well. Stir in cherry extract and juice. Toss diced cherries in remaining 1/2 cup flour. Stir cherries and flour into battr. Mix well. Pour batter into pan. Bake 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove from pan. Invert cake onto wire rack. Cool completely. To prepare sabayon sauce, fill large saucepan half full of water. Simmer. In medium bowl, beat egg yolks and 2/3 cup sugar at medium speed 2 minutes. Mix in sherry. Place bowl over simmering water. (do not allow bottom of bowl to touch water.) Beat until mixture doubles in volume and reaches 160 degrees on candy therometer. Pour into clean bowl. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until cool. Beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into sauce. Arrange slices of cake on plate. Drizzle with cherry brandy. Drizzle with dark chocolate sauce. Garnish with chocolate-dipped cherries. Store in refrigerator.
    the picture looked fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mos For This Useful Post:

outside Philadelphia, PA
    Blog Entries

Ooh! This does sound good! Thanks!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post: