Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Grilled Vegetable Lasagna
01-12-2009, 07:50 PM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
- outside Philadelphia, PA
- Blog Entries
Grilled Vegetable Lasagna
1 package (8 oz) oven-ready lasagna noodles
3 small zucchini (1 lb), sliced lengthwise 1⁄2 in. thick
1 small eggplant (12 oz), sliced lengthwise 1⁄2 in. thick
2 yellow peppers, quartered, seeded
Nonstick cooking spray
1 container (15 oz) fat-free ricotta
4 oz fat-free cream cheese, softened
1 jar (24 to 26 oz) marinara sauce
1 1⁄4 cups shredded reduced-fat mozzarella
2 grated Parmesan
Garnish: chopped parsley
1. Heat outdoor grill or stovetop grill pan. Youíll need a 13 x 9-in. baking dish.
2. Put noodles and water to cover in baking dish. Let soak 15 minutes or until slightly softened and pliable.
3. Meanwhile, coat vegetables with cooking spray. Grill 8 to 12 minutes, turning as needed, until lightly charred and tender. to a cutting board and cut into bite-size pieces. Toss to mix.
4. Heat oven to 375ļF. noodles to paper towels. Drain water from baking dish and wipe dry. Mix ricotta, cream cheese and 2 Tbsp water in a bowl until well blended. 5. Spread 1⁄2 cup marinara sauce in bottom of baking dish. Lay 3 noodles crosswise on top. noodles with 2⁄3 cup ricotta mixture. Top with 1 cup vegetables, 2⁄3 cup sauce, 1⁄4 cup mozzarella and 2 tsp Parmesan. Repeat layers twice.
6. Top with remaining noodles and sauce (set aside the remaining vegetables and mozzarella). Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes.
7. Uncover, top with remaining vegetables and cheese, and bake 15 minutes or until noodles are tender when pierced in center and cheese is melted.
Colorful grilled vegetables pump up the flavor and nutrition, and we reduced the fat by cutting back on the cheese. (Donít feel like grilling? Try broiling the veggies instead.)
The Following User Says Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post: