Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Great List of Phone-In Freebies

OK, ladies, I've noticed that several people have been asking how the phone-in freebies work, so I thought I'd give a little info. Phone-ins are great!

To begin with, you can call pretty much any company from any item that you buy & request coupons, samples, recipes, etc. Just go through your house. Start in the kitchen, go through your pantry, fridge, freezer & write down the phone numbers of the comapnies. Then call & ask for free stuff! For food items, I usually say, "Hi. I'm a customer and I was wondering if I could receive some coupons & recipes by mail?" (Make sure you ask for both coupons & recipes. That way, if they have both to send, they will. ) Next, go through your bathroom, laundry room, etc & write down the phone numbers there. Then you can call those companies & ask if they have any coupons of samples they could send you. Most companies are very helpful & friendly. And if they say they don't send coupons or have recipes or samples, don't feel silly. They don't know who you are!

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

OK, so here's the beginning of a list I'm making. I started in my kitchen, so here's a list of food companies to call. I've included the company name, phone number, what they have promised to send me & when it should arrive.

(Numbers in blue are companies that will not send anything out.
    (Numbers in red are products that I have received. You can check down the thread to see exactly what I got & when it came. )

1.) Splenda - 1-800-777-5363 - sending coupons & 2 recipe books (will arrive in 7-10 days)

2.) Nestle - 1-800-851-0512 - sending one coupon & recipes (will arrive in 7-10 days) (These guys are always SO nice when I call! They will only send you the internet coupon usually, but at least you'll get an extra one!)

3.) Quaker Oats - 1-800-367-6287 - 1 coupon & recipes (will arrive in 7-10 days)
    (They will ask you what your favorite product is & also ask you what kinds of recipes you want. I told them cookie recipes & main dish, so she's sending me baked cookies, non-bake cookies & meatloaf recipes!)

4.) McCormick Seasoning - 1-800-632-5847 - 1 coupon & recipes (will arrive in 7-10 days) (This one had a little bit of a wait time for a representative, but only 2 or 3 min.)

5.) Mrs. Dash - 1-800-622-DASH -automated system. (I left a message leaving my name & address & asking for coupons & recipes.)

6.) Chef Paul Prudhomme's Seasonings - 1-800-457-2857 - 1 coupon & recipes (Didn't say when they'd arrive, but I would guess 7-10 days) (They asked me what products I used to help figure out what recipes to send. I told them I use the Seasoning Salt & the Chicken Seasoning.)

7.) Healthy Choice - 1-800-323-9980 - coupons (will arrive in 1-2 weeks)

8.) Uncle Ben's - 1-800-548-6253 - recipe brochure (will arrive in 7-10 days) (This was an automated system. I don't know if they will send any coupons, but it was very easy. You just enter your home phone number & it uses that to verify your address. Very easy!)

9.) Rice-A-Roni - 1-800-421-2444 - $1 off coupon & recipe brochures (will arrive in 1 week)

10.) Bertolli - 1-800-450-8699 - a coupon booklet from Unilever products & recipes - (will arrive in 7-10 days) Bertolli is made by the Unilever Company. This is a HUGE company. They told me they don't normally accept requests for coupons, but they had a coupon booklet for Unilever brand products that she would send me. They are also sending recipes.)

11.) Dole - 1-800-232-8888 - recipes (will arrive in 2 weeks) (This is another automated system. You leave your name, address & what kind of recipes you want. I said a "recipe assortment.")

12.) Campbell's - 1800-257-8443 - recipe brochures & possibly coupons (will arrive in 7-10 days) (The lady I spoke with told me she had to send my coupon request to another department, so I'm not sure if they have coupons right now, but she said I'd definitely get recipe brochures.)

13.) Old El Paso - 1-800-300-8664 - recipes (will arrive in 7-10 days) (The lady said they didn't have any coupons, but she would send me recipes.)

14.) Kraft - 1-800-695-8226 - no coupons now, but the guy said they would add me to their mailing list & I would occassionally receive promotions & recipes by mail. He was very nice.)

15.) Crisco (Pillsbury) - 1-800- 766- 7309 - recipe packet (will arrive in 7-10 days) (Its an automated system, but if you wait, you can speak with a representative. She said she'd send me a recipe packet. I don't know what it will have in it, but sounds exciting! )

These are all the places I called today. Stay tuned. I'll add more as I get them! (And I'll keep you guys informed of what I receive.) Hope this helps!
    Last edited by rtebalt; 02-19-2009 at 09:46 AM.

3. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

rtebalt,

A busy beaver you have been -- Thank-You again.
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

5. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to JoAnn For This Useful Post:

Freebies Make My Day
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks, I will do this as well. I need the snail mail coupons as well, my printer STILL needs toner (theres always something we need more than toner).
    Hope Everyone Is Enjoying The Day. Best Wishes From MN ~ Pamela

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jkpjohnson For This Useful Post:

Freebies Make My Day
    Downloads
    Uploads

I forgot to ask How often do you call them to request coupons?
    Hope Everyone Is Enjoying The Day. Best Wishes From MN ~ Pamela

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jkpjohnson For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

OK ladies, here is "Part 2" of my Phone-In Freebies List. (These are the places that I called today.)

(Numbers in red are products that I have received. You can check down the thread to see exactly what I got & when it came. )

16.) Hershey's - 1-800-468-1714 - don't have coupons, but are sending a really nice recipe booklet (will arrive in 7-10 days)

17.) Welch's - 1-800-340-6870 - weren't specific, said they'd send whatever was available

18.) French's - 1-800-841-1256 - sending coupons

19.) Del Monte - 1-800-543-3090 - coupons & a recipe booklet

20.) Progresso - called & they said they don't have any coupons to mail, but if you go to www.progresso.com & also Take the Progresso Taste Challenge you can print off coupons

21.) Carolina Rice/ Mahatma Rice - 1-800-226-9522 - coupons & recipes

22.) Green Giant (General Mills) - 1-800-998-9996 - recipes

23.) Hunt's - 1-800-858-6372 - 50 cents off coupons (This is an automated system, but as soon as it starts if you will say "representative" it will go ahead & connect you to someone so you don't have to wait for it to say ALL the choices. )

24.) Furmano's - 1-877-877-6032 - coupons & recipes (will arrive within a week)

25.) Karo Syrup - 1-866-430-5276 - coupons & recipes (will arrive within a week)

26.) Peter Pan - 1-800-222-7370 - recipes & coupons (This is an automated system, but as soon as it starts if you will say "representative" it will go ahead & connect you to someone so you don't have to wait for it to say ALL the choices. )

27.) Domino Sugar - 1-800-729-4840 - This was just an answering service, so who knows if I'll get anything. I left a message asking for coupons & recipes.

28.) Nutella - 1-800-NUTELLA - This was just an answering service, so who knows if I'll get anything. I left a message asking for coupons & recipes.

29.) Sugar In The Raw - 1-800-611-7434 - coupons & recipes (will arrive within a week)

30.) Barilla - 1-800-922-7455 - This was just an answering service, so who knows if I'll get anything. I left a message asking for coupons & recipes.

31.) Classico (Heinz) - 1-888-337-2420 - coupons & recipes (Also said they are compiling a Heinz mailing list & asked me if I would like to be on it, so I said yes.)

32.) Celentano Meatballs (Rosina) - 1-888-767-4621 - This was just an answering service, so who knows if I'll get anything. I left a message asking for coupons & recipes.

33.) Tyson - 1-800-233-6332 - coupons (will arrive within a week)

34.) TGI Friday's Appetizers (Heinz) - 1-800-457-9810 - coupons (will arrive within a week)

35.) Bird's Eye - 1-800-563-1786 - coupons & recipes (will arrive within a week)

36.) Land O Lakes - 1-800-328-4155 - coupons & recipes (The lady said they have a policy of only sending out coupons to a person twice a year, so she asked me if I had already requested this year. I did request some once, but that was last year so she sent me some. )

37.) Heluva Good - 1-888-611-4341 - (The lady said they had nothing to send right now, but that I should try back in April. )

38.) Gatorade - 1-800-884-2867 - 1 coupon (will arrive within one week) (The guy said they have a policy of not sending coupons in the mail, but as a curtesy since I called, the would send me a coupon. )

These are the calls I made today. In the past 2 days, I have made a total of between 40 & 45 calls. Out of those, 37 companies are sending me coupons, recipes, or both! That's a pretty good precentage! I'll keep you all posted!
    Last edited by rtebalt; 02-03-2009 at 11:17 AM.

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I made a list & called around August 2008. This is only the second time I've made calls. I would say, keep a running list. Write down even the companies that say that they do not send out coupons (that way you don't bother with them anymore). Then, also keep track of the ones that say you can only request coupons once ayear, twice a year, etc. Any company that doesn't say that, I'm probably gonna call every 3 or 4 months. It never hurts! Even if they won't send you coupons, they may have a new recipe brochure or something to send! In August I called Splenda. They sent me coupons & recipes. Also, they had these promotional Easter cookie cutters during Easter on their website. (It was some kind of deal where you got the cookie cutters free with any order from their website.) Anyway, when I called in August I guess they had some leftover cookie cutter sets, so they sent me that too! Absolutely free!

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok ladies, now on to Day 3 of my "Phone-In Campaign" LOL
    Today I called mostly cleaning supplies & toiletries. These companies are not always as free with the coupons & samples. For example, Procter & Gamble. They won't send you any coupons. But other companies are more helpful! Here's who I called today:

39.) Frito Lay - 1-800-352-4477 - sending some 55 cents off coupons and a recipe brochure

40.) Johnson & Johnson - 1-866-565-2229 - added me to their mailing list (they also do focus groups occassionally) don't normally send coupons, but are sending me 2 coupons as a curtesy (will arrive within 7-10 days)

41.) Clorox - 1-800-227-1860 - won't send coupons upon request, but adding me to mailing list

42.) SC Johnson (Ziploc, Glade, Scubbing Bubbles, Windex, etc) - 1-800- 558-5252 - added me to their mailing list, don't normally send coupons, but are sending me some coupons as a curtesy (will arrive within 7-10 days)

43.) Reckitt Benckiser (Lysol, Resolve, Etc) 1-800-228-4722 - added me to their mailing list, sending me coupons (they will only send to you 3 times every year) (will arrive within 7-10 days)

44.) Glaxo Smith Kline (Sensodyne, Breath Right Strips, etc) - 1-800-858-6673 - sending coupons for the products I requested. (Just check your products & make a list of the GSK ones, then call them & ask for coupons for those products.)

45.) Curel/Jergens - 1800-572-2931 - no coupons, but adding me to their mailing list

46.) Nivea (Beiersdorf - also makes Eucerin & Aquaphor) - 1-800-227-4703 - sending me coupons for Nivea (last time I called they sent coupons & samples! )

47.) Aussie - 1-800-947-2656 - adding me to their mailing list (which includes coupons occassionally), also sending me a curtesy coupon for calling - $2 off any product (will arrive in 7-10 days)

48.) Neutrogena - 1-800-582-4048 - adding me to their mailing list (this time they didn't have anything, but the last time I called they sent me some makeup samples )

49.) Gillette Men's Hair Care (Procter & Gamble) - added me to their mailing list

50.) Garnier - doesn't send out coupons, but said I could find coupons & samples on their website occassionally. Here's the site: Garnier

I'll keep you guys up to date! In about a week I out to be rolling in the freebies!!!!!!!
    Last edited by rtebalt; 01-30-2009 at 02:34 PM.

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast