Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Koobface Worm Targets Facebook Users

I'm not sure what "facebook" is but someone mentioned it earlier and I just got this warning from my internet provider. So wanted to make sure any facebook users were aware of this!

Surfer Beware - Koobface Worm Targets Facebook Users
    http://www.cornerstonenow.com/newsle...rmo/divpxl.gif

If you're on Facebook, be aware that a fast-spreading worm called Koobface is targeting users and trying to steal personal information such as credit card details. The Koobface worm sends a message to the Facebook user, supposedly from a friend, that says things like "you look funny in this new video" or "is it u there?" After clicking on the video link, the user is asked to download the latest version of Adobe Flash Player. Only after the user clicks on the fraudulent Flash update is the Koobface worm installed.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to brchbell For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by brchbell View Post
    I'm not sure what "facebook" is but someone mentioned it earlier and I just got this warning from my internet provider. So wanted to make sure any facebook users were aware of this!

Surfer Beware - Koobface Worm Targets Facebook Users
    http://www.cornerstonenow.com/newsle...rmo/divpxl.gif

If you're on Facebook, be aware that a fast-spreading worm called Koobface is targeting users and trying to steal personal information such as credit card details. The Koobface worm sends a message to the Facebook user, supposedly from a friend, that says things like "you look funny in this new video" or "is it u there?" After clicking on the video link, the user is asked to download the latest version of Adobe Flash Player. Only after the user clicks on the fraudulent Flash update is the Koobface worm installed.
    The boyfriend already introduced me to it on his computer LOL. In Vista you can do a system restore and get rid of it but dont know if that works with xp or not. I heard it doesn't but don't know from experience
    Mdowdy

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mdowdy For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've done a system restore for that worm before on XP. It did get rid of it.

It was given to me by a friend on aim that was like "Hi, I have this picture of you can I post it? {Horriblelinkhere}" You click it and it brings you to an empty page where it asks you to download it.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tarrien For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

urgh. i don't understand why people makes worms, viruses, etc. it's unnecessary to me. i can live without them.
    Ich möchte ein eisbär sein, am kalten polar.... Dan müßte ich nicht mehr schrein... Alles wär so klar... Eisbären müssen nie weinen
    I'd like to be a polar bear, at the cold polar.. Then I wouldn't have to cry anymore.. Everything would be so clear.. Polar bears never have to cry

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to KawaiiGiggle For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Tarrien View Post
    I've done a system restore for that worm before on XP. It did get rid of it.

It was given to me by a friend on aim that was like "Hi, I have this picture of you can I post it? {Horriblelinkhere}" You click it and it brings you to an empty page where it asks you to download it.
    Thanks now I know that part was false. Maybe the person who said it didnt work didn't do something right or something. Thanks for letting us know it does work on XP as well
    Mdowdy

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mdowdy For This Useful Post: