Thread: help needed

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question help needed

Ok here's the problem about three years ago I was flat stomached and felt great. After having our daughter I am know almost a 16, I want to loose this weight. But, my boyfriend likes my belly Whats the best things to do to feel good about the way you look?
    Mdowdy

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mdowdy For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Now that is the question of all time...LOL... If I knew how to feel good the way I look... I wouldn't spend at least part of everyday wishing that I could change something about my looks. I don't think that many people like how they look, unless of course you look like a super model. No matter how much your boyfriend likes your tummy, if YOU don't like it... you are going to be miserable. My suggestion is to do what makes you happy regarding this issue, try to talk to him, explain that you feel miserable about it, and ask if there isn't some kind of compromise you both can come to. That being said, I realize that this is easier said than done. I wish you luck with this issue, it shouldn't have to be such a priority in our lives, but it seems to be.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mardhines For This Useful Post:

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Whats the best things to do to feel good about the way you look?
    I am so right there with you! After four children, there are times I feel like I am still eight months pregnant ...mind you my youngest is 7 .

Take a moment and look at your daughter...I mean really look at her. That validates the stomach, every stretch mark, it is all well worth it. With that said, you need to change your mind set. The "average" woman's size is a size 12-according to studies. Do not think that if you will lose weight that you will feel better about your self. It is only an outward appearance, it is not who you are. Your boyfriend likes your belly because he truly likes who you are inside. This can be a rare find in any person.

If you believe that you would feel about yourself if you lost some weight, then you will have to make those changes-exercise more, eat healthier, etc. The hardest part is that it has taken three years for that weight to be added and maintained, it will not come off in a short amount of time.

One thing I have done to help feel better about my weight is to write out what truly makes me happy-puts that smile on your face and your heart. I also flashback to when I was thinner and then write down what made me happy then. I have found that they are the exact same things. The weight didn't make the difference.

Hope this helps some.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to wilbe95 For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Go for what makes you happy and see what happens.
    Do not think that if you will lose weight that you will feel better about your self. It is only an outward appearance, it is not who you are. That being said remember it is what is inside. If you believe that you would feel about yourself if you lost some weight, then you will have to make those changes-exercise more, eat healthier, etc. Good Luck Lady.
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JoAnn For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I feel the same way as you and probably most women out there! I was just thinking today how I used to weigh under 100 pounds all of high school!! And in college I gained way more than my freshman 15.

And my boyfriend says the same thing about liking me "curvier" as he puts it. But I think he knows how much I try and would like to be thinner again so he understands that too even though he may not want that. Try discussing with your bf doing sports together. My bf is always begging me to play tennis with him... i just wish i actually did!

I found it helps to work out together (this was my new years resolution) so we havent been very good yet but we did stretch and exercises inside the apt together. And you can go running together or biking. Maybe if you make it an activity to do together that might help.

And I agree with those who said your inside is what counts too. But sometimes for your inside to feel good you have to feel healthy and have a healthy lifestyles. I always feel guilty since I know I am very sedentery and don't eat the best foods for my future health. But then again, this isn't the root of all problems and you need to make sure you want to lose weight for the right reasons... not simply to make you happier (because that may not happen from exercise alone).

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to starsinnight For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

The problem is when I lost weight before it was easy. I used the old stacker 2 and it came right off. I only took it when I ate something fattening. With the changes in the product it doesn't work for me all I want to do is sleep. I didnt think about him liking my belly because he likes who I am inside that helps a lot.
    thanks you guys are always so helpful
    Mdowdy

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mdowdy For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do what makes you happy. If the belly is really bothering you, like you think about it constantly, get rid of it. If it's just a "it'd be nice to be back to the way I was" and its really just here and there take your time maybe aim to lose a little amount here and there with plenty of time in-between.

But yeah, your boyfriend sounds like he really loves you for who you are and if you end up getting rid of your tummy I doubt he's going to stop loving you.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tarrien For This Useful Post:

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by mdowdy View Post
    Ok here's the problem about three years ago I was flat stomached and felt great. After having our daughter I am know almost a 16, I want to loose this weight. But, my boyfriend likes my belly Whats the best things to do to feel good about the way you look?
    Please think about your health FIRST! Flaten your stomach as much as you can; stay as close to the "healthy weight" that is possible because then the visceral fat inside the stomach walls will get lower. That is the fat that causes heart attacks, high blood pressure, discomfort, plain unpleasure.

Do it for YOURself, for your child, for your family. This is probably the most common concern among women all over the world. Think HEALTHY for YOU!!!

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rustey For This Useful Post: