Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aldi question

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Aldi question

Ok I keep seeing Aldi's pop up. What types of things do you save on at Aldi's we have one but I havent been in there but once and didnt find anything then so I havent been back. I am a little afraid to try off names on some things. Can anyone give me an idea on what brands are good in there and what products to stay away from?
    Mdowdy

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mdowdy For This Useful Post:

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

Aldi canned goods are good and cheap. I buy their stewed, diced and spicy tomatoes(the Ro-tel off brand) and they all cost $.45 which is good. Their vegetables are reasonable but if you have a Compare Foods close to you the produce will be cheaper there. The $.99 salard dressing is great too. Some of their prices have really gone up but they are still a good option. They sell small appliances under the Crofton brand which they stand by. I have recently returned a Pressure cooker after 2 years without any problems....great customer service. Hope this helps.

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Ms Gee For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I love Aldi! Ms Gee is right. I shop once a week there. I get most of my canned goods and pantry items. They also have some meats and frozen foods. It is mostly their brand foods. I was told it was a farm co-op, but I am not sure. My family loves the taste of everything. I have not found anything I did not like. I know that our store will allow you to return anything you do not like. Hope that helps.

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to jaime For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for your opinions, I have been wondering about Aldi food as well. I went back in October, which is when the one in our town first opened. I was disappointed because they didn't have anything in stock that was in the sale flier that I thought I might like. Maybe now that they have been open a few months they are better stocked and I will try them again.

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to atta76 For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ms Gee,

Thanks for this tip. They sell small appliances under the Crofton brand which they stand by. THis is good to know, I've always walked past that section in the store.

I usually try to go to Aldi's every two month's to stock up. I've never found any canned goods that the family didn't care for. Usually their milk & eggs are cheaper there also.
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to JoAnn For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm also a big fan of Aldi's. I don't pay much attention to their flyer but know all the products I can get there that you don't usually find coupons for. Their baking products, canola oil, sugar, flours, choc chips, etc. can't be beat in price. Their soups and veggies are also good. Haven't tried their boxed potatoes or rices because I stock up on that stuff as well as pasta sauces when they go BOGO and I have coupons, also don't get much of their frozen things for the same reason(usually just buy fit n trim turkey meatball there). The whipped topping (like cool whip) is good, as well as their OJconcentrate. Always get their bread, hd &hb buns, bagels, english muffins. Check their fresh meats, sometimes they have a $2 off sticker on them.The only cereal we get is the rice crispies and corn flakes and DH says they're just as good, as well as the graham crackers and Vanilla Wafers.

Just try their products and keep a list of what you do and don't like, we do that pretty much with all the different stores name brands and some things we won't compramise on.
    You won't find everything you need at Aldi's but they pretty much keep the same stock and you will learn what you can save money on.
    Wish mine was located closer to me so I could go more often.I hate running out and having to pick something up that I KNOW I could have gotten cheaper there.
    Niddi

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Niddi For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks guys I will have to give them another try.
    Mdowdy

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mdowdy For This Useful Post:

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

We are Aldi shoppers as well. A couple of weeks ago one of the talk shows had on the cEO of Aldi and he said a lot of their canned/packged items are from name brand companies with the Aldi brand logo's on them. Please give them a try.

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jonesinavoca For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast