Round Steak and Gravy

This is one of my family's favorite meals (if I want the boys to come over, I tell them I am cooking this, without fail they are both on their way over). Round Steak (I usually buy around 1.5 pounds, but can be made with more or less without any adjustments) 1 can cream of soup 1 enevelope

buy, cooking, cream, easy, egg, family, favorite, forum, gravy, hey, meat, men, mix, noodles, pieces, recipe, round, skillet, steak, time, soup, onion, simmer, sides, pour, water, turn, liquid, cover, whisk, familys, brown, degrees, bottom, coat, hours, hope, tasty, enjoy, linda, serve, bowl, platter, mashed, potatoes, remove, electric, adjustments, enevelope, fail

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Round Steak and Gravy

This is one of my family's favorite meals (if I want the boys to come over, I tell them I am cooking this, without fail they are both on their way over).

Round Steak (I usually buy around 1.5 pounds, but can be made with more or less without any adjustments)
    1 can cream of soup
    1 enevelope onion soup mix (although I am trying my MYO recipe from this forum next time)
    4 cups water

Pound some flour into your round steak (this thickens the gravy) on both sides, then cut into serving size pieces.

In an electric skillet set to 375 degrees brown the round steak on both sides in a little bit of oil, enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Whisk the cream soup, onion soup mix and water together. Turn the skillet down to simmer and pour the liquid over the round steak. Cover and let simmer for 1.5 to 2 hours. Remove meat to a platter, pour the gravy into a bowl and serve with mashed potatoes or egg noodles.

This is so easy and very tasty - hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

Linda
    "Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to candleladymn For This Useful Post: