Results 1 to 1 of 1
01-07-2009, 11:20 AM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
- outside Philadelphia, PA
- Blog Entries
Slow Cooker Upside-Down Chicken Pot Pie
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 10 hours 25 min
Makes: 8 servings (3/4 cup each)
1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 tablespoon instant chopped onion
1 dried bay leaf
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 jar (18 oz) chicken gravy
2 medium celery stalks, cut into 1/2-inch slices
2 1/4 cups Original Bisquick® mix
2/3 cup milk
1 bag (12 oz) Green Giant® Valley Fresh Steamers™ frozen mixed vegetables
1. Place chicken in 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker. Top with onion, bay leaf, pepper and gravy. Place celery on gravy.
2. Cover and cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
3. About 30 minutes before serving, make and bake 8 biscuits using Bisquick mix and milk as directed on package.
4. Meanwhile, gently stir frozen vegetables into chicken mixture. Increase heat setting to High. Cover and cook 15 minutes. Remove bay leaf.
5. For each serving, split biscuit and place in soup bowl or tart pan. Spoon about 3/4 cup chicken mixture on top of biscuit.
Note: This recipe was tested in slow cookers with heating elements in the side and bottom of the cooker, not in cookers that stand only on a heated base. For slow cookers with just a heated base, follow the manufacturer’s directions for layering ingredients and choosing a temperature.