2 tablespoons margarine or butter
    2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
    2 teaspoons curry powder
    1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
    1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
    1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
    2 medium apples, cored and cut into wedges
    Directions
    1. Skewer chicken's neck skin to back. Tie legs to tail. Twist wing tips under back. Place chicken, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; brush with cooking oil.

2. Insert an oven-going meat thermometer into center of an inside thigh muscle, making sure bulb does not touch bone. Roast, uncovered, in a 375 degree F oven for 1 hour.

3. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan cook potatoes and carrots in a large amount of boiling water for 20 to 25 minutes or until nearly tender; drain.

4. For glaze, in a small saucepan combine honey, mustard, margarine or butter, onion, curry powder, garlic salt, crushed red pepper, and ginger. Bring to boiling, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; set glaze aside.

5. Discard fat in roasting pan. Arrange potatoes, carrots, and apples around chicken in pan. Spoon glaze over chicken, vegetables, and apples. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes more or until meat thermometer registers 180 degree F. At this time, drumsticks move easily in their sockets and chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken from oven; cover and let stand 10 minutes before carving. Makes 6 servings.
    Servings Per Recipe 6 servings Calories 422, Total Fat (g) 17, Saturated Fat (g) 4, Cholesterol (mg) 66, Sodium (mg) 456, Carbohydrate (g) 46, Fiber (g) 4, Protein (g) 23, Vitamin A (DV%) 179, Vitamin C (DV%) 11, Calcium (DV%) 4, Iron (DV%) 14, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet

5 -
    PORK LO MEIN
    1 tbsp olive oil
    1 lb. cooked pork roast, cubed (from Tuesday)
    2-3 (3 oz.) pkg. pork flavored Ramen Noodles
    1 1/2 cups water (may need more water if you use 3 pkg. of noodles)
    1 red* or yellow pepper, cut into strips
    2 cups broccoli florets* or cauliflower, thawed
    3 med. green onions, chopped
    2 tsp parsley
    1 1/4 tbsp soy sauce
    Heat oil in skillet or wok over medium high heat. Add pork and stir fry until reheated, about 2 minutes. Break apart Ramen Noodles and add to skillet with water, seasoning packet and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil and cook 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally until noodles are soft.

EGG DROP SOUP

6 -

7 -
    STUFFED SHELLS
    1/2 box of jumbo shells or manicotti
    Marinara sauce (from freezer)
    3 c. Ricotta cheese (easy to make from milk if you are interested)
    1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
    1 egg
    2 tbsp Parsley
    1 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp pepper
    16 oz. Shredded Mozzarella cheese
    Cook shells according to package directions. Mix ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg,salt, and pepper. Stuff shells or manicotti with cheese mixture and place in a 13" x 9" baking dish coated with non-stick spray. Spoon marinara sauce over each shell and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 20-30 minutes at 350.

APPLE CRUMBLE
    1 cup baking mix (I use Bisquick)
    3/4 cup brown sugar
    1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
    1/4 cup margarine
    1 can pie-sliced apples, drained or 2 cups sliced apple*
    1/2 tsp. cinnamon
    Grease the bottom and sides of an 8x8 or 6x10 inch baking dish. Blend first three ingredients in a bowl. Cut margarine into bits and add to mix. Spread 1/3 of oat mixture in bottom of pan. Place apple slices over mixture. Sprinkle with remaining oat mixture and cinnamon. Bake 30-35 minutes at 350F. Serve warm with ice cream.

8 -
    CHICKEN & PROSCUITTO MEAT BALLS IN BROTH
    4 cups light meat broth
    3 oz angel hair pasta
    Parmesan to serve
    Meatballs:
    1 1/4 lb ground chicken
    1 egg white
    4 slices stale white bread, soaked in milk or broth and squeezed dry
    2 oz chopped prosciutto or ham
    1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
    2 tbs parsley
    1 tsp marjoram
    3 tbs Parmesan
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp pepper
    Thoroughly combine the ingredients for the meatballs, using your hands to mix everything together thoroughly. Form the mixture into small balls, each approximately the size of a cherry. Bring the broth to a boil in a large saucepan. Drop the meatballs into the broth. Bring to a boil once more and add the angel hair pasta. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer gently until the meatballs and pasta are cooked, about 5 minutes. Do not overcook the meatballs. Serve immediately, passing Parmesan at the table. 4 servings = about 440 calories.

I've made about 2 gallons of broth in the last two weeks and are sitting in the freezer. soon...pantry challenge!!! LOL!

9 -
    CP CRANBERRY PORK CHOPS
    http://www.budget101.com/dump-recipe...ork-chops.html

10 -
    FRENCH CHICKEN

11 -
    TROUT, ITALIAN POTATOES, GREEN SALAD
    MOS's TARRAGON GOAT CHEESE BUTTERMILK DRESSING
    this makes enough for two large dinner salads and two side salads
    Tarragon-Goat Cheese-Buttermilk Dressing
    1/2 cup buttermilk
    1/4 cup tarragon
    4 oz soft goat cheese

2 tbs lemon juice
    1 tbs mayonnaise
    1 large garlic clove, quartered
    1 anchovy fillet or 1 tsp anchovy paste
    1/4 tsp white pepper
    Place all ingredients in beaker of hand blender. Pulse until finely minced and blended. Cover and refrigerate. Shake before using. 1 1/4 cups = about 50 calories per 1/4 cup.

12 -
    HONEYMOON SPECIAL

13 -
    PORK SCHNITZEL
    6 boneless pork cutlets (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
    1/2 cup all-purpose flour
    2 teaspoons seasoned salt
    1/2 teaspoon pepper
    2 eggs
    1/4 cup milk
    1-1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
    2 teaspoons paprika
    6 tablespoons vegetable oil
    DILL SAUCE:
    1-1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
    2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    1/2 teaspoon dill weed
    1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
    Directions:
    Flatten pork cutlets to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, seasoned salt and pepper. In another bowl, beat eggs and milk. In another bowl, combine bread crumbs and paprika. Dip cutlets into flour mixture, then into egg mixture, then into crumb mixture.
    In a large skillet, cook pork in oil, a few pieces at a time, for 3-4 minutes per side or until meat is no longer pink. Remove to a serving platter; keep warm.
    For sauce, pour 1 cup broth into skillet, scraping bottom of pan to loosen browned bits. Combine flour and remaining broth until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in dill and sour cream; heat through (do not boil). Pour over pork. Yield: 6 servings.

14 -
    CP MOS CREOLE CHICKEN
    http://www.budget101.com/dump-recipe...hicken-ii.html

15 -
    VEG HB SOUPS

16 -
    SPLIT PEA SOUP
    Last edited by HSLINKS; 01-04-2009 at 06:33 AM. Reason: FORGOT A WEEK

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to HSLINKS For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

17 -
    LEMON PEPPER GRILLED FISH
    2 lbs. bass, crappie, croaker, whiting (sea mullet), or flounder (or other flaky white fish)
    1/2 cup vinegar
    1/2 cup vegetable oil
    generous sprinkling of lemon pepper seasoning (1 Tbsp)
    generous sprinkling of adobo seasoning or garlic salt (1 Tbsp)
    Place fish in a shallow dish for marinating. Combine all other ingredients and pour over fish. Marinate 20 minutes. Grill over medium heat until flesh is white and flaky.

RICE PILAF
    3 T. olive oil
    1 medium onion chopped (from freezer)
    1 clove garlic minced
    1/2 green pepper chopped, seeded
    1/2 red pepper chopped, seeded
    1 cup of frozen peas, thawed
    1 c. long grain rice (or brown rice* for healthier version)
    2 c. chicken broth (if you are using brown rice add extra water)
    herbs of your choice (basil, rosemary, thyme, oregano, etc.)
    Thaw onion. Saute garlic and peppers in oil until tender. Add rice and brown until lightly browned. Mix the rest of the ingredients and add to pan. Cover and cook 20-25 minutes (longer - closer to 45 minutes - for brown rice).

18 -
    SPAGHETTI

19 -
    CORN CHOWDER

20 -
    SPICEY RUBBED CHICKEN
    4 cups thickly sliced or quartered red, white, and/or yellow onions and/or boiling or ciopollini onions, peeled
    1 5- to 6-lb. whole roasting chicken
    1 tsp. sugar
    1 tsp. garlic powder
    1 tsp. ground cumin
    1 tsp. paprika
    1 tsp. ground coriander
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
    1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
    1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
    2 Tbsp. olive oil
    Chard Leaves (optional)
    Directions
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. In large shallow roasting pan place half the onions in an even layer. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt; set aside. Fold chicken neck skin onto chicken back, secure with small skewer; tie legs to tail with kitchen string. Tie wings close to body or twist wing tips up and tuck under back of the chicken.

2. In small bowl combine sugar and remaining seasonings. Brush chicken all over with oil. Sprinkle spice mixture and rub in with fingers. Place chicken, breast side up, on onions in pan. If desired, insert meat thermometer into center of inside thigh muscle. (Thermometer should not touch bone.) Loosely cover with foil.

3. Roast for 1 hour. Remove foil. Add remaining onions to pan. Roast, uncovered, 30 minutes; cut strings on legs and wings. Roast 30 to 45 minutes more or until drumsticks move easily in their sockets and chicken is no longer pink (180 degrees F in thigh). Cover with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before carving. Serve chicken with roasted onions and chard leaves. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
    Calories 618, Total Fat (g) 42, Saturated Fat (g) 11, Monounsaturated Fat (g) 19, Polyunsaturated Fat (g) 9, Cholesterol (mg) 191, Sodium (mg) 438, Carbohydrate (g) 9, Total Sugar (g) 4, Fiber (g) 2, Protein (g) 49, Vitamin C (DV%) 14, Calcium (DV%) 5, Iron (DV%) 13, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet

RICE PILAF
    3 T. olive oil
    1 medium onion chopped (from freezer)
    1 clove garlic minced
    1/2 green pepper chopped, seeded
    1/2 red pepper chopped, seeded
    1 cup of frozen peas, thawed
    1 c. long grain rice (or brown rice* for healthier version)
    2 c. chicken broth (if you are using brown rice add extra water)
    herbs of your choice (basil, rosemary, thyme, oregano, etc.)
    Thaw onion. Saute garlic and peppers in oil until tender. Add rice and brown until lightly browned. Mix the rest of the ingredients and add to pan. Cover and cook 20-25 minutes (longer - closer to 45 minutes - for brown rice).

21 -
    STEAK BAKED POT
    Herb Dip
    1 clove garlic, crushed or garlic powder
    2 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
    1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine
    1 tsp. dried oregano
    1/4 tsp. each of dried basil, dill weed, marjoram, thyme,
    pepper

Blend all ingredients together. This will keep in the refrigerator for 1 week or in the freezer for 3 months.

22 -
    BUFFALO CHICKEN SOUP (6)
    1 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 lb. deli-roasted chicken, skinned, boned, and coarsely shredded
    2 Tbsp. butter
    1/2 cup coarsely chopped celery
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    2 14-oz. cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
    1-1/2 cups milk
    1 tsp. bottled hot pepper sauce
    1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese (6 oz.)
    1-1/4 cups crumbled blue cheese (5 oz.)
    1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (2 oz.)
    1/3 cup all-purpose flour
    Bottled hot pepper sauce (optional)
    Directions
    1. In 4-quart Dutch oven melt butter over medium heat. Add celery and onion; cook and stir until onion is tender. Stir in broth, milk, and the 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce.

2. In bowl toss together mozzarella, 1 cup of the blue cheese, Parmesan, and flour. Add gradually to soup, stirring after each addition just until melted. Stir in three-fourths of the shredded chicken; heat through. Top with remaining chicken, blue cheese, and hot sauce. Makes 6 servings.
    Servings Per Recipe 6 servings Calories 490, Total Fat (g) 28, Saturated Fat (g) 15, Monounsaturated Fat (g) 8, Polyunsaturated Fat (g) 2, Cholesterol (mg) 145, Sodium (mg) 1134, Carbohydrate (g) 12, Total Sugar (g) 5, Fiber (g) 1, Protein (g) 45, Vitamin C (DV%) 3, Calcium (DV%) 47, Iron (DV%) 10, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet

23 -
    KEILBASA,POT

24 -
    GRILLED CHEESE & SOUP

25 -
    STIR FRY
    MOS's KOREAN MARINADE
    1/2 cup soy sauce
    3 tbs packed dark brown sugar
    2 tbs finely chopped green onion, white part only
    2 tbs lime juice or rice vinegar (whichever you have on hand)
    1 tbs dark sesame oil
    1 tbs molasses
    1 tbs minced garlic
    2 tsp minced ginger
    Mix well and use on just about anything!

26 -
    ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP

27 -
    GREEK LASAGNA

28 -
    MUSHROOM FLORENTINE
    1 package frozen spinach, thawed (10 oz.)
    1 egg
    1 cup herb stuffing mix
    1/4 cup butter, melted
    1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
    1/2 tsp. thyme
    salt and pepper, to taste
    20 large mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
    Directions

Squeeze out the excess water from the spinach. Combine the spinach, egg, stuffing mix, butter, Parmesan cheese, thyme, salt and pepper and mix well. Spoon some of the mixture into each mushroom cap and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 15 minutes.
    Mushrooms Florentine

29 -
    MOS PASTA w/BUNCHES OF HERBS & WALNUTS
    1 1/2 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
    3 anchovies, minced
    1 garlic clove
    1/8 tsp crushed red pepper
    1/3 cup chives
    1/3 cup basil
    1/4 cup dill
    2 oz provolone cheese, diced
    4 oz fettuccine or linguine
    1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
    Combine oil and anchovies in large bowl. Smash garlic with side of chef's knife. Mash into cutting board until paste forms. Add to oil mixture. Stir in crushed red pepper. Add herbs and cheese. Toss to coat. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Immediately toss with herb mixture. Sprinkle with walnuts. Toss and serve. 2 servings = 585 calories.

30 -
    TACOS

31 -
    MEATLOAF

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to HSLINKS For This Useful Post:

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wow very detailed with the recipes and everything, you sure will make this easy to duplicate. Thanks

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wilbe95 For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Kim,
    It has taken about a week to get the input from the guys so I could get it 'done'

Actually I was being lazy .. since they are already on a list with recipes & URLS just copying the titles would have been more work.

I had done it once already individually (sorta) I take the titles and put on my KEEP & SHARE calendar but it wouldn't print out for some reason, so I had to copy it from the calendar to one that I could post on the fridge door (titles) .. grumble grumble .. of course the first program is acting up so had to redo it into MS word .. more grumbles

I think my computer is getting maxed again.

So I am glad its just about done -all that is left:
    - need to pull the stuff from the basement freezer to the upstairs freezer for the first week or so

- check the downstairs freezer and inventory and restock if needed

- ***IMP: come up with lunches preferrably cheap/vegetarian

Ria

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to HSLINKS For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

wow! you make me feel pretty special! using my recipes...

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mos For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I forgot to mention...excellent menus! far more diverse than I have been of late

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mos For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Afternoon Mos,
    I know some of them I just copied and didn't keep the URL from where ever I got them from. I figured as I remember to toss in the URL .

Actually not really as diverse as I'd like == needs more vegan or vegetarian meals .. The guys are so meat hungry and want steak of course.

I did biscuits and gravy for breakfast so eating big meal at lunch and light (maybe vegan?) for dinner. GLAZED CHICKEN & VEGGIES, I used thighs and added in greenbeans too .. No apples so skipped them .. Added in extra moraccan seasoning to potatoes and sauce .. Am going to skim the chicken fat later and use for something this week or freeze for later.

Ria

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HSLINKS For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wow! These are great! Thanks so much for the recipes too!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast