Leftover Pineapple Juice?

Leftover Pineapple Juice?

Any ideas on what to do with leftover Pineapple Juice? I thought about freezing it in ice cube trays... but am not sure if this can be done successfully. Also thought of adding it to the breakfast rice, instead of a portion of the water? Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

beverage, blend, cake, canned, cup, dark, days, favorite, fresh, fruit, leftover, mix, pancakes, party, small, soda, store, sweet, treats, water, thought, pineapple, juice, rice, breakfast, adding, greatly, appreciated, marty, suggestions, successfully, portion, freezing, ideas, cube, trays

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Leftover Pineapple Juice?

Any ideas on what to do with leftover Pineapple Juice? I thought about freezing it in ice cube trays... but am not sure if this can be done successfully. Also thought of adding it to the breakfast rice, instead of a portion of the water? Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Marty

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mardhines For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Some things you can use with left over pineapple juice.

1--Remember to -- Store leftover pineapple juice in a covered container and refrigerate. Use within 5 to 7 days.

2--Blend pineapple juice with fresh fruit, yogurt, and ice to make a fruit smoothie.

3--Mix cup pineapple juice with cup sparkling water for a sparkling soda.

4--Mix frozen cubes of pineapple juice with any dark fruit beverage. Makes a wonderful way with party punches too.

5-- Fill popsicle forms with leftover canned fruit juice, or use small cups or ice cube trays to make sweet frozen treats.

6--Thicken leftover canned fruit juice with a little cornstarch over a medium flame. Allow it to cool completely, and store it in the refrigerator until ready to use. Pour this thick and tasty over your favorite sweets (cake or icecream). This very simple syrup -- can also be use over pancakes or waffles.
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JoAnn For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you JoAnn, I will try all of these ideas. I don't usually open a huge can of juice just for myself, but was dying of thirst one day and just had to have something. Way too many carbs in it for me, but I did discover however that if you dilute the juice, the reaction from the concentrated glucose isn't as severe. Appreciate your answer to my question. Hope you had a Wonderful Christmas and Joyous New Years.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mardhines For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

JoAnn, thanks for the ideas. We usually have leftover juice after we drain the pineapple for our recipes & we always have to throw it away. I loved the syrup idea.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Margaret K For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

I never throw away pineapple juice that I drain. DH drinks a lot of Diet Sprite and I will sometimes add a splash of Pineapple juice to kick up the flavor. I also freeze it in glass jars so I can just add some to the top when I open another can (don't fill up, it expands)
    I love all of the ideas JoAnn has and have used it along with other ingredients to make party punch. In the hot summer I love frozen Pinacoladas (the virgin ones) or any frozen drink to cool me of, By then I usually have a good amount of frozen juice and don't have to buy any.
    Niddi

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Niddi For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

I always try to use up any left over juice in whatever I cook that night for dinner. My favorite combo is apple juice with saurkraut as a side to pork chops.

I use pineapple juice in beverages, cakes, desserts, splashed over cut fruit bowls, or add it to a marinade.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JennyCup For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

JennyCup,

A nice sweet and sour sauce would be good too with the pork chops. Pouring over fruit sounds really good too.
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JoAnn For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Some great ideas here! THanks!

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast