Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Starting off the Year

Pan-fried catfish fillets, macaroni & cheese, Brussels sprouts, and blondie cupcake with cocoa frosting

Chicken burrito (using chicken from the freezer), refried beans, and chocolate chip cookie ice cream cake

Boston-butt pork roast and tomatoes (crockpot), brown rice, peas, and black & whites

Chicken soup (from freezer), salad, and caramel-pecan brownie

Sliced turkey breast with gravy (from freezer), roasted potatoes, buttered carrots, and oatmeal trail mix cookies

catfish po' boy, salad, and peanut butter fluffernutter bar

Chicken, mac & cheese and Brussels sprouts casserole (using leftovers from earlier in the week and chicken from the freezer), and chocolate chip cookie ice cream cake

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mos For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

mos ,
    Your menu sounds really good. One question is your catfish fresh or store purchase?
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JoAnn For This Useful Post:

Frugal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I was gonna ask the same thing...yall fish for your cats?
    Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong - Lynn in Virginia

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to faxonfive For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

frozen;-\ I wish they were fresh!

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mos For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

I want catfish too ..

I have to admit love the taste hate the cleaning .. Anyone ever find an easy way to skin a catfish?

Ria

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to HSLINKS For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just two questions............ what is this>>> peanut butter fluffernutter bar<<< AND WHERE DO I GET IT? YUMMMMM.... lol

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mardhines For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mardhines View Post
    Just two questions............ what is this>>> peanut butter fluffernutter bar<<< AND WHERE DO I GET IT? YUMMMMM.... lol
    Yes what is peanut butter nutterflutter bars? I heard of peanut butter nutter flutter sandwiches- peanut butter and marshmallow creme but never heard of bars?

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to brchbell For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

oops! it appears that I left out the 'banana' part...
    Peanut Butter-Banana Fluffernutter Bars
    Bars:
    1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
    1 1/2 tsp baking pwder
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/2 cup chunkey peanut butter
    1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
    1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
    1 egg
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    2/3 cup whole milk
    1/2 cu crumbled dried banana chips
    Icing:
    1/4 cup sugar
    1 egg white
    1 cup marshmallow creme
    Garnish:
    1/3 cup chopped salted roasted peanuts
    16 dried banana chips
    Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in small bowl. Beat peanut butter, brown sugar and butter in large bowl at medium-high speed 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla until belended and smooth. At low speed, beat in flour mixture alternately with milk just until smooth, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in 1/2 cup banana chips. spread batter in pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or unti rich golden brown, bars start to pull away from sides of pan and toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbes attached. Cool in pan on wire rack. Meahwile, heat sugar, 1 tbs water and egg white in medium saucepan over low heat. Beat at high speed 3 minutes or until soft peaks form. Remove pan from heat. Beat in marshmallow creme 5 to 6 minutes or until almost cool and stiff peaks form. spread over bars. Top with peanuts and 16 dried banana chips. 16 bars = about 210 calories.
    this is DD's creation (she's the dessert master), as she's always trying to come up with interesting recipes that has her mother's favorite favorite food -- peanut butter! however, the 'garnish' is my addition...which she believes is not necessary so you can decide!
    I baked a bunch of sweet treats over the holidays and saved a few for me for dessert, then I'm swearing off desserts for at least a month...well...we'll see...encourage me!!!!!!!!!
    fyi -- the little wench makes an amazing pumpkin-peanut butter cheesecake with chocolate drizzle and she won't share the recipe! ACK!
    AND she just announced over the holidays that she's been accepted to culinary school so she's not going to be a music teacher...she's going to be a chef. I'm proud, but I wish she'd do the last semester to get the degree and THEN go off to become a chef. nowadays, you need all the skills you can get to get and stay employed;-\

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mos For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast