Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default What Did You Get For Christmas?

Hey guys! I thought I'd start a thread where everyone could tell us what they got for Christmas!

So I'll start:

My wonderful hubbie got me one of those heated foot bath things, the DVDs of the tv series "Christy," a wonderful old Sandra Dee movie that I had been wanting called "If A Man Answers," some wonderful Bath & Body Works things (to go with my foot bath), and a wonderful new warm bath robe. (I guess I had sort of a "spa" feeling going with the things I asked for for Christmas! Proud to say that Hubbie is learning from me. - He got the footbath with a coupon & the Bath & Body Works stuff (including the robe) on sale! I'm so proud!

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

my other half gave me the money for the breadmachine I've been wanting and some of those wonderful coupons where he does stuff I don't want to do even included him painting my toenails!!! So I got a breadmachine and with the leftover money I got a rice cooker/steamer. My son's gf gave me a crockpot.
    Mdowdy

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mdowdy For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mdowdy View Post
    my other half gave me the money for the breadmachine I've been wanting and some of those wonderful coupons where he does stuff I don't want to do even included him painting my toenails!!! So I got a breadmachine and with the leftover money I got a rice cooker/steamer. My son's gf gave me a crockpot.
    Sounds great! My hubbie is still afraid to buy me kitchen appliances for Christmas. He's been taught (by me - before we got married) that you shouldn't give a woman things like a vacuum cleaner or pots and pans for Christmas or birthday unless they are specifically requested. Now even if I specifically ask for something for the kitchen, he will check a second time & ask me, "Is it OK for me to give that to you for Christmas?" He's so cute!

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think that is why he gave me the money to get it. Even though I have been saying over and over and over again I wanted one LOL That way he could say I gave you money instead of I gave you something for the house. With the kitchen stuff though it makes it easier on me when fixing the things he likes so I really dont consider those the same as "house presents"
    Mdowdy

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mdowdy For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mdowdy View Post
    I think that is why he gave me the money to get it. Even though I have been saying over and over and over again I wanted one LOL That way he could say I gave you money instead of I gave you something for the house. With the kitchen stuff though it makes it easier on me when fixing the things he likes so I really dont consider those the same as "house presents"
    I agree! I love to cook, so buying me a cooking gadget is like buying someone who loves to read a book or someone who loves to play ball a basketball. To me, cooking is like a hobbie because I enjoy trying new recipes, etc. But we have to appreciate those sweet husbands of ours that want to make sure they give us something we will like.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post:

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I didn't get anything as fancy as you did. No complaints though-my boys and hubby all gave me the caring coupons. There were about ten from each of them for doing specific things around the house to help me out. Priceless.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to wilbe95 For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

My wonderful hubby made me a clothes drying rack (very nice) and my d made me ornaments that she decoupaged (spelling) old pictures of us together in I love this post.

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to jaime For This Useful Post:

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

We gave each other a practical gift-gas logs for the fireplace. Due to health and age, we just don't want to fight with firewood anymore. They can be lit manually in case of power outage for a heat source. Really throws out some BTUs. Ooooh, toasty feet!

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to crankymae For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast