Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question leftover soap bar from shower.

Does anyone have any ideas on what i can do with the sliver of soap leftover from the shower?

please dont say stick it to the next one, that never works for me, besides i would like something alittle more creative.

thank you in advance for your ideas.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bethaliz6894 For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Try saving soap slivers in a bowl and when you have plenty:

1) You could melt them in a double broiler, add your favorite oil perfumes, add some oatmeal and pour it into molds to make a home made leftover soap.

2) Find a small, bag-like shower scrub rag and fill it with the small bits and use it like a bar of soap.

3) Why not shave the pieces and put into the washing machine or mix the shavings in with your homemade washing machine soap.

4) Take 3 to 4 ozs of soap, in slivers or grated, add 4 to 5 tablespoons of water, put in microwavable dish, and heat for 2 or 3 min, until the soap is melted. Be careful not to let the soap foam over the edge of the dish, you may need to stir it once or twice as it is heating. After the soap is melted, you can add oatmeal if you wish too. Pour the melted soap into molds, or you can use a tin can, and let set 'til hard. I've used this method a few times, and it works fine.

5) Cut a hole in the middle of a sponge and shove the soap bits in there. Instant soapy sponge! (when the boys were growing up I called this a magic sponge--they didn't know how they got soapy suds out of the sponge. We still laugh about this one).
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JoAnn For This Useful Post:

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I will also save the soap in a bag then when I have several will put it inside of a washrag. If you take a wash rag, sew up the sides together put velcro on the bottom you will have a washing rage for the bath or shower and do not have to worry about dropping the soap.

I have also heard others will put it in their hand soap pumps with water to make additional hand soap. I can't seem to get this one to work completely so do not bother.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wilbe95 For This Useful Post: