Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Product review

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Product review

Do you wonder what products and gadgets are really worth having.

Is the incredible egg to shave your heels worth it? I've been wondering

Does your dog really sit still while you grind down the nail? My vet said to forget that idea, he can't imagine a dog liking that.

Do those blue dryer balls really work?

I know most of us don't order what we see advertised on TV but some stores carry those products and it would be nice to know what's worth buying and what's not. Would you mind sharing your findings with us if you have one of the items we all see advertised????

My product review is the Swiffer Sweep and Vac. - got one for Christmas
    I have hardwood floors with large area rugs in dn and lv rooms only, I like to use the swiffer to pick up dust and dog hair (my dd 90%husky really sheds and seems to be at our house 75%of the time) The swiffer cloths just seem to pick up a small amount of dog hair and then push the rest around but are great to pick up the dust. When I saw the SS&V I thought that would work great. It does work well and it does pick up the hair as well as small items, but the problem is that the charge does not hold up for long and it takes a long time to recharge. So instead of a quick run through the house daily as I'd hoped, I'm only able to do part each day. But it is handy for small areas which may be all it's inteded for.
    (will be MYO swiffer cloths out of baby flannel as soon as I run out. Just one of the moneysaving ideas I got from this site)
    Niddi

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

What a great idea! I would love to hear what others have to share too. I reciently got the dog nail thing (at Walgreens) and he does lay down and sit quietly. He use to run when he seen the clippers. I love mine. I also have the dryer balls (got them at Walmart) and it does fluff up the towels nicely, but I haven't noticed anything else. We have had the same balls for 2 years now. I have the swifter floor thing (not the one with the wet jet) and use towel treated in my homemade cleaner for it. I just pop the towel in the laundry when I am done. Thanks for sharing this Niddi

3. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to jaime For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

Glad to know the dog nail thing works, the vet seemed doubtfull, but now I will tell my daughter to try it. May also have to keep an eye out for the dryer ball and see if I can find them marked down somewhere, although when spring comes around I'll be using clothesline again. Is your homemade cleaner from this site? would you mind sharing the recipe? Thanks for your input.
    Niddi

5. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Niddi For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Great thread! Love this idea! I don't have the pet-i-cure, but I did ask my vet about it & she said she thought it was worth trying. She said several people had used it & that it worked well, so I might get one to try.

My review is of the Ped-Egg. I got one for Christmas & it does work. It takes a little while, but it did make my feet smoother. I do a little every night before I go to bed. Just make sure you follow the instructions. Don't use it on wet feet.

7. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a Swiffer Wet Jet and I think it works great. No more dirty mop or mop water. When the pad gets dirty just put a clean one on. The mop solution smells nice and lasts quite a while. Of course, I have a really small place but all my floors are tile. I also have the Swiffer Duster for furniture. It cuts down on dusting time, extends my reach and I can move it around with my wrist instead of my arthritic shoulders. Have never tried the Sweep & Vac - It might not be as great as the other things. I also have a Pedi-Paws for my dog. The only problem is her nails are so tiny it just pulls them down inside the filing area. It is rather loud and does vibrate but doesn't seem to scare her. I would imagine it might work pretty good on a large dog

9. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Janice Terrell For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Great thread!! I'm hooked on the as seen on tv stuff. I rarely get it but i love the idea of them all. I have the ped egg and I love it. Hubby has bad heels and usually uses a metal rasp (I hate it when he dows that). Now he uses the egg. My 10 year old son got the ShamWow for xmas. He was so excited. We look for "sham wow moments" all the time. It does a great job soaking up water. I like it to polish faucets and the stove. My dog grinds down his nails on the dirt and concrete in our backyard. We have never cut them (2yr old German Sheppard). I can't wait to use the shamwow to dry him off when he gets wet from the rain. I love my swifter floor vac. I have a small kitchen floor and it gets up the dog hair great. I use it every night after dinner. I'm curious about the smooth leg no shave thingy I saw at walgreens. Anyone try it?

Nicole

11. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to fosterfamily5 For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

My sister has the Pedi-Egg thinga ma gigger... I am diabetic, and as all you diabetics know, we often have severely dry dry skin. In the summer, my feet, especially the heel area dry out so bad that it often becomes painful to walk. I used her egg thinga ma gigger. And it works pretty darn good. My only concern was this, I wonder how long the file surface stays sharp enough to do the job, how often will it need to be replaced, and will I be able to purchase replacements when I need them. Niddi: This is a GREAT idea, you are really on the ball girl. Thanks

13. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mardhines For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Niddi, I made up the cleaner recipe...it's fairly easy. Depending on your type of floor you may want to only try it in a small area. My two floors I use it on are fake wood lament and the peal and stick tiles. I use an old deli tub and put two small towels in it. I add a tablespoon of white vinegar and put enough water to moisten the towels. I can leave it in the tub until I am ready to use it. Works as good as the wipes.

15. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to jaime For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast