Chicken Leg Quarters???- General Recipes

I went to walmart today and came across a great deal on Chicken Leg Quarters 9 (big size) for $4.23 The only problems is I'm not sure what to do with them. I want to make some Chicken and DUmplings one night and maybe put some BBQ on some. It's only me. my husband and our5 year old daughter so I

advance, bbq, big, chicken, color, cook, daughter, deal, dumplings, great, ideas, leg, make, night, problems, size, time, today, walmart, year, quarters, our5, husband, misty, plenty, $4.23

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Chicken Leg Quarters???

I went to walmart today and came across a great deal on Chicken Leg Quarters 9 (big size) for $4.23 The only problems is I'm not sure what to do with them. I want to make some Chicken and DUmplings one night and maybe put some BBQ on some. It's only me. my husband and our5 year old daughter so I can cook only 2 at a time and have plenty!! Any ideas!!!

Thanks in advance!

Misty

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mbabb29340 For This Useful Post:

Smart Budgeter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

What can't you do with chicken? One of our favorites is County Fair Chicken. It's a recipe I got from a Kraft add about 35 years ago but it is always a hit.

Mix one part flour to 2 parts Parmesan cheese*, add a little salt & pepper and paprika. Dip chicken in beaten egg (or just a little milk or water if you are on a tight budget), roll in cheese mixture and place in baking pan. If you have breading left over just sprinkle it over top of the chicken in the pan. Pour some melted butter or margarine over the chicken and bake in a 350 oven for 45 to 60 minutes. Add a baked potato or baked side and a veggie and there's dinner!
    *If you are making only 2 chicken legs your proportions will probably be about 2 tablespoons flour and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.

Oven-fried Chicken is also another good choice. And this time of year who doesn't like some Chicken Soup. And if you cook some extra chicken in that soup it will make the broth extra rich, and you can use the extra chicken to make chicken salad or any other recipe that calls for cooked chicken.

Hope that's enough ideas to get you started. That BBQ chicken sounds good, too!
    I am SO looking forward to "empty-nest syndrome"!

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to FruGal For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

That's a great recipe! I'm gonna have to try that one. I bought some chicken legs & wasn't sure what to do with them. So, 350 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes will cook the legs through? I was thinking about doing BBQ chicken. So, I could place legs in baking dish, pour BBQ sauce over it & bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes? Would that work also?

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Legs and thighs make great chicken soup! cook them up in a pot of water with a bay leaf, thyme, carrot, celery and onion. When done remove the chicken and pull the meat off and chop up. Add rice or noodles and simmer until done and then add the chicken. We love the soup off legs and thighs!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to brchbell For This Useful Post:

Smart Budgeter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

rtebalt,
    The time for cooking the chicken varies depending on the cut. Usually the bone-in variety takes the full hour to cook through. If you had boneless chicken it would only take about 45 minutes, or even less if it was a skinny chicken!
    I am SO looking forward to "empty-nest syndrome"!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FruGal For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the great ideas!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mbabb29340 For This Useful Post: