Thread: KFC coleslaw

Blog Entries

Default KFC coleslaw

Have been using this recipe for years and my husband just about wont eat anything else! This is supposed to be a copycat type recipe that I tweaked a bit.

1 head of cabbage finely chopped
    1 medium carrot shredded

Mix well.

I use one of the cones on my salad shooter to chop these up. I gives it the consistency of the real deal KFC slaw. We dont like a lot of carrots in our slaw, so I only use one. Use more if you like. You might also add onion if you want. I dont.

Combine (whisk) in seperate bowl the ingredients for the sauce.
    1/3 cup sugar
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp black pepper
    1/4 cup milk
    1/4 cup buttermilk
    1/2 cup mayo
    1 1/2 T white vinager
    2 1/2 T lemon juice

Pour over the top of the veggies. Combine well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving to let the flavors meld together.

I usually use a tupperware type bowl with a matching lid. I pour the sauce over the veggies, secure my top and give the whole thing a good shaking to mix everything up. Works well for me. Be sure to refrigerate for the full 2 hours. I have even made this when I was without buttermilk. Pour 1/2 cup milk and add a "glug" of vinegar. Let this sit for 10-15 minutes to curdle. Then proceed as per recipe.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to livenactive For This Useful Post: