Blog Entries

Default Mushroom Cube Steaks

from Allrecipes

Prepared this for dinner and the family loved it.

2T all purpose flour
    1/2 tsp salt
    dash pepper
    (I added a dash of Tony Chachere creole seasoning also)

Combine in resealable bag or shallow bowl.

4 cube steaks

Add to bag and tosss to coat.

In skillet over medium heat, melt 3 T butter. Brown steaks on both sides. Remove and keep warm.

For SAUCE combine:
    2 tsp dijon or honey mustard
    2 tsp worcestershire sauce
    Pour over steaks.

In same skillet saute the mushrooms and onions until tender. Add sauce back to skillet. (I added a little chicken broth as well.) Using whisk, saute veggies and deglaze pan. Return steaks to pan. COver and simmer 5-7 minutes until meat is tender.

NOTE: I kept the steaks warm and made the glaze. I did not add steaks back in the glaze as the recipe said as my kids would have hated it. I put the glaze in a seperate bowl for all who wanted to try it. They spooned out what amount they wanted. The chicken broth made the glaze a little thinner, but I would add it again. One child liked the glaze, one like the steak without it. Either way this was a hit at our house and will be used again.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to livenactive For This Useful Post: