Strawberry-Coconut Scones

13⁄4 cups all-purpose flour 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut 1⁄4 cup sugar 1 Tbsp baking powder 1 Tbsp grated lemon peel 1⁄2 tsp salt 3⁄4 cup heavy cream 2 large eggs 1 pt (12 oz) strawberries, diced 2 Tbsp sugar

bake, center, cream, day, eggs, ingredients, king, make, minutes, mix, muffins, orange, pick, rank, round, salt, stir, thinking, valentines, valentines day, tbsp, sheet, large, strawberries, sugar, wedges, coat, dough, spray, nonstick, bowl, flour, coconut, baking, puffed, browned, wooden, inserted, knife, long, 13&82604, sprinkle, separate, don’t, scones, they’re, served, baked, sprinkling, whipped

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Strawberry-Coconut Scones

13⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
    1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
    1⁄4 cup sugar
    1 Tbsp baking powder
    1 Tbsp grated lemon peel
    1⁄2 tsp salt
    3⁄4 cup heavy cream
    2 large eggs
    1 pt (12 oz) strawberries, diced
    2 Tbsp sugar
    PREPARATION
    1. Heat oven to 375°F. Coat a large (14-in.) baking sheet with nonstick spray.

2. Mix first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. In a small bowl, use a fork to blend cream and eggs. Pour over flour mixture, add strawberries and stir just until mixed and dough clumps together. Scrape onto center of prepared sheet. Pat into a 9-in. round (dough is very sticky). Sprinkle with the 2 Tbsp sugar. Coat a long knife with nonstick spray; cut round into 8 wedges (don’t separate wedges).

3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes until puffed and well browned and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean (strawberries will caramelize on sheet).

4. Recut wedges. Serve warm or at room temperature.

Planning Tip: Best served the day they’re baked.

G ood with: softly whipped cream and sprinkling of coconut

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post:

Frugal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Now this looks absolutly delishious!!! I think this will rank right up there with those orange muffins!!! Thanks!!! I will definelty make these!!!
    Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong - Lynn in Virginia

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faxonfive For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Glad to know you like the recipe! I found this one in Woman's Day. I may try them as a Valentine's Day breakfast. Let me know what you think of them.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post:

Frugal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Will do...I was thinking of valentines day too!!!
    Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong - Lynn in Virginia

8. The Following User Says Thank You to faxonfive For This Useful Post: