Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Sausage and Potato Casserole
12-30-2008, 07:24 PM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
- outside Philadelphia, PA
- Blog Entries
Sausage and Potato Casserole
2 pounds small red-skinned potatoes (about 1 1⁄2-inch diameter)
1 bunch (1 pound) Swiss chard, tough stems removed, rinsed and cut crosswise in 1-inch-wide pieces
1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 can (10 3⁄4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup
3⁄4 cup water
1⁄2 cup milk
4 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded (1 cup)
1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan with lightly salted water to cover by 1 inch. Cook 15 minutes or until just tender. Drain and let cool.
2. Pierce sausages in several places. Put in a large skillet with water to cover. Bring to a simmer and cook 15 minutes or until firm. Drain; place over medium heat and cook about 5 minutes, turning as needed, until well-browned. Remove and let cool.
3. In the same skillet, cook Swiss chard and garlic over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes until greens have wilted.
4. Heat oven to 425°F. Have a shallow 11⁄2- to 21⁄2-quart baking dish ready.
5. Whisk soup, water and milk in a medium bowl until blended. Stir 1⁄2 cup soup mixture into Swiss chard. Spread greens evenly over bottom of ungreased baking dish.
6. Slice sausages and potatoes in 1⁄4-inch-thick rounds. Layer half the potatoes over the greens. Pour on 1⁄2 cup soup mixture and sprinkle with half the cheese. Top with sausage slices, then remaining potatoes and soup mixture.
7. Bake 20 minutes, sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned and bubbly.
By mos in forum Breakfast IdeasReplies: 15Last Post: 11-17-2009, 10:42 AM
Casseroles Sausage Potato CasseroleBy rtebalt in forum General RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 09-15-2009, 10:46 PM
By faxonfive in forum General RecipesReplies: 8Last Post: 12-24-2008, 09:06 PM
By BiggerPiggyBank in forum General RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 04-23-2007, 10:21 AM