Finishing Out the Year

Roast turkey, cornbread stuffing, gravy, broccoli in cheese sauce, and spicy roasted nuts Hamburger with all the fixin'x and Bombay pineapple smoothie Meatballs in Alfredo sauce over pasta (from the freezer) and Brussels sprouts Turkey veggie wrap (using leftovers from Sunday) and

balls, broccoli, cal, cheese, chili, day, garlic, gravy, leftovers, pasta, roast, roasted, salad, sauce, soup, stuffing, sunday, turkey, veggie, year, provencal, freezer, chicken, cooler, wrap, caesar, sliced, zucchini, pancakes, flatbread, lemonade, sprouts, toasted, toast, spicy, cornbread, nuts, hamburger, meatballs, alfredo, finishing, smoothie, pineapple, fixinx, bombay, brussels

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Finishing Out the Year

Roast turkey, cornbread stuffing, gravy, broccoli in cheese sauce, and spicy roasted nuts

Hamburger with all the fixin'x and Bombay pineapple smoothie

Meatballs in Alfredo sauce over pasta (from the freezer) and Brussels sprouts

Turkey veggie wrap (using leftovers from Sunday) and provencal cooler

Chicken soup (from the freezer), garlic toast and provencal lemonade

Caesar salad with toasted chili flatbread

Sliced turkey and gravy with zucchini pancakes

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to mos For This Useful Post:

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

Zucchini pancakes? I have never heard of them. Do you just add shredded zucchini to pancake batter?

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to leeannhoy28 For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey can you give me your recipe for your chicken soup. This is a recipe that I don't have in my file !!! THANX !!!
    Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD. Psalm 127:3
    There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: the number of thy days I will fulfil.
    Exodus 23:26

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to incheck4real For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

you could and it should work just fine. here's my recipe if you're interested --
    Zucchini Pancakes
    1 cup whole wheat flour
    1/3 cup all-purpose flour
    3 tbs sugar
    1 tbs baking powder
    3/4 tsp salt
    1 1/4 cups milk
    3 eggs, beaten

3 tbs canola oil
    1 cup shredded zucchini
    Whisk whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Whisk milk, eggs and oil in large bowl. Stir in zucchini until well-blended. Stir into flour mixture until ingredients are moistened. Heat griddle to 325 degrees F (or large skillet over medium heat, adjusting heat as necessary). Lightly oil. spoon batter onto griddle. Spread to 4-inch circles. Cook 8 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. 16 pancakes = about 95 calories.
    I'll make a batch to have with dinner, then freeze the rest individually to have for quick breakfasts or future dinners. if you decide to go the regular pancake route, please let us know how they turn out.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mos For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have about a bazillion chicken soup recipes! LOL! some are written down and some I just 'wing' depending on what's in the pantry when I have a taste for chicken soup (check the $2.50 forum for some of the soups;->) however, when I have a taste for,the time, and stewing chickens are on sale, this is what I make and is what is in my freezer --
    Chicken Soup
    1 4-lb stewing chicken, cut into pieces
    1 cup chopped onion
    1 carrot, peeled and quartered
    1 bay leaf
    1 tsp salt
    2 quarts water
    1/2 cup breadcrumbs
    1/2 tsp slt
    1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
    1 egg
    1 tbs parsley
    2 carrots, peeled
    2 stalks celery
    1/4 cup chicken fat
    1/3 cup all-purpose flour
    1 cup milk
    Place chicken in large heavy pot with onion, quartered carrot, bay leaf, 1 tsp salt, and water. Simmer for 2 to 3 hours, or until tender. Remove chicken and chill stock. Remove chicken from bones. Discard skin. Reserve 1 cup chicken for soup. (Chill remainder to use for salad, casserole, or other chicken dishes.) Chop chicken super fine. Add breadcrumbs, 1/2 tsp salt, poultry seasoning, egg, and parsley. Blend. form firmly into small balls. Set aside.. Remove layer of fat from chilled stock. Reserve. Heat chicken stock (there should be about 4 cups). Cut carrots and celery into matchstick-size pieces. Add to stock. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender. Melt 1/4 cup chicken fat in saucepan. Blend in flour. Add milk slowly, stirring constantly. Pour mixture slowly into stock. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened. Drop chicken balls into soup. Heat for 5 minutes more. Serve. 4 to 6 servings.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mos For This Useful Post:

Frugal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is provencal lemonade and provencal cooler?
    Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong - Lynn in Virginia

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to faxonfive For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

they're beverages! LOL! alcoholic or you could make them virgins. they're my little celebration drinks for the end and beginning! LOL! look in the cooking for two forum under coolers for the recipes

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mos For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for recipes! These are going into my favorites! You can never have too many chicken soup recipes I say! And the zucchini pancakes sound great! Great as a breakfast or a dinner side dish!

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast