Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default What's your splurge and/or weakness?

I know we all are trying to save money and cut back, but I'm wondering what other peoples splurges and weaknesses are. Two things that can set me back are coming up sometime this week. Semi-annual clearance sale at Yankee Candle and also at Bath and Body Works. I still have some scented candles (even though only one more Yankee candle) and I still have 4 bottles of scented lotion from the last big sale at B&BW. I'm only fooling myself when I try to tell myself I WILL NOT BUY ANYTHING FOR ME, that little deamon sitting on my shoulder says UNLESS IT'S AT LEAST 75% OFF. I do pick up gifts for people on my list that like those things. Daughter in Law birthday coming up soon and Hostes Gift I need soon. Problem is I like that suff too and usually break down and treat myself (even though I don't NEED it)

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

My biggest weakness is my Diet Dr. Pepper-go through that like it is water. I am one to start my day with a pot of coffee then the rest of the day with the pop/soda. I am working on replacing some with water but when I am home I fall back to the pop/soda rather than the water or tea or anything else. I could really save a lot of money if I could lay off of the stuff. That seems to be the biggest thing that I keep trying to tell myself I will cut back on to save a little money-but hasn't quite worked yet

3. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to wilbe95 For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Diet Coke, for sure.

And kitchen gadgets. Next week I am buying myself another one...a yogurt maker.
    Michelle

5. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to DohDohBird For This Useful Post:

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

My weakness is scrapbooking anything! I have so much stuff for scrapbooking that I may never have to buy another thing, plus the Cricut. But I still look and treat myself if it's on sale.

7. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to leeannhoy28 For This Useful Post:

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

My biggest splurge is on my kids..Heard Kb toys is closing there doors for good this year so I plan on taking some money and go crazy with toys for upcoming birthdays and next christmas....
    My biggest weakness is takng better care of myself... Am changing that this year in 09.. Going on diet, stop drinking, and hopefully stop smoking.. should help me save some money on the drinking and smoking area... why it is a wekness is because somewhere in my brain I get caught up in bad habits of comfort and get off track.. this time i want to make it a habt to focus on me...

9. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to binkygirl716 For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

My big thing is kitchen items. I really need those cooling racks I tell myself. Also washrags I feel like I NEVER have enough of them. I bet I have over 100 !!!! I mean I do but the cheap ones from walmart that's how I justify it but I know it's crazy to have so many.
    Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD. Psalm 127:3
    There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: the number of thy days I will fulfil.
    Exodus 23:26

11. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to incheck4real For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

I feel much better knowing I have some partners in crime who also treat themselves while still trying to save money. Ha Ha.

incheck4real, do you crocket? If so you would love making your own with the peaches and cream cotton yarn. So many cute patterns on the internet and they hold up so much better than the ones you buy.

13. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Niddi For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

My biggest weakness is CHOCOLATE!!! Never met a piece of CHOCOLATE I didn't like. Altho' I do prefer dark CHOCOLATE!

15. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to arleneb For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast