Creole Chicken II

Creole Chicken II;-) 4-8 pieces of your favorite chicken pieces or a whole cut-up chicken 1 tbs olive oil 1/4 cup chopped onion 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper 1 clove garlic, minced 1 14-oz can whole tomatoes, chopped and undrained 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce 2 tsp red wine vinegar 1/2 tsp

bell, chicken, cook, creole, crockpot, cup, cut, favorite, garlic, hot, ingredients, low, mix, olive, pieces, red, rice, tomatoes, type, wine, chopped, sauce, pepper, place, basil, salt, perfect, hours, depending, pour, remaining, undrained, cut-up, onion, worcestershire, 14-oz, clove, minced, vinegar

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Star Creole Chicken II

Creole Chicken II
    4-8 pieces of your favorite chicken pieces or a whole cut-up chicken
    1 tbs olive oil
    1/4 cup chopped onion
    1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1 14-oz can whole tomatoes, chopped and undrained
    2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
    2 tsp red wine vinegar
    1/2 tsp basil
    1/4 tsp salt

1/4 tsp pepper
    1/4 tsp hot sauce
    Place chicken in crockpot. Mix remaining ingredients and pour over chicken. Cook on low 4-6 hours, depending on the type of pieces used.
    perfect over rice!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mos For This Useful Post:

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

mos, do you create your own recipes? You have so many unique recipes, just curious. I plan to print off several of your recipes and use them to help get myself and my family healthier. Your recipes are fantastic.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wilbe95 For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

all of my recipes, except where I state that I got them from someone else (and got permission to share;->) are my own. some of the recipes, are from when I was a young girl that I learned from being passed around the neighbors and have been 'corrupted' over the years, so now they are my recipes. plus, I was married to a Frenchman -- bred on European cuisine -- who monitorred my cooking when trying to duplicate recipes that he grew up with (his mom didn't cook...they had staff!) and let me know when I had it right. when DD was ready to start seriously learning how to cook (and didn't need constant supervision at the stove) she actually started accumulating the recipes on paper. she also named many of them! LOL! she would write down what I did on an index card and started the 'file.' when she started a file, I started relying on the 'written word' and found that my memory wasn't as good as it used to be because I was using the files. ever so often, something will pop in my head and I quickly write it down! LOL! when she went off to college and was living in a big house with three other girls, she was the only 'skilled' cook, so she did all the cooking and they did the clean-up. they wanted to know the name of the cookbook she used so they could get one of their own. it was her and her roommates idea that I should start organizing to write a cookbook AND the urging of an editor for one of those fund-raising cookbooks that I should seriously consider it. I lost all of my files (and back-ups) last year in the fire, so with the help of DD, family, and friends, I'm rebuilding what was my 'almost-ready-to-send-to-the-publisher' cookbook. but just think...ya'll get it for free right here in the forums! LOL!
    thanks for using my recipes and thinking of them as a source for healthy eating...I really do try to keep the recipes healthy and estimate (when I think of it) the calories -- that's why I say 'about' so many calories based on what I remember of calories for certain foods. Daddy was a calorie-counter and kinda sorta beat it into my head. every time that I fixed something, he'd ask for the calorie count and if I couldn't give it to him, I had to go look it up in the book on the shelf! LOL!
    have fun! play with the recipe to suit your family and make it your own

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mos For This Useful Post:

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default yummy

this sounds so yummy, I may actually try this

my son hates chicken cooked w/ tomatoes but I love it.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to catlady For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

tell him to pick the tomatoes out and maybe he'll eat it tell him the sauce is reddish because of the hot sauce and red wine vinegar! maybe he'll believe you! LOL! good luck!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mos For This Useful Post: