Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drill partners

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Drill partners

DRILL - (verb) to work with a partner for 30-45 mins on a particular or groups of projects (can include exercise, writing thankyou notes, taxes, cleaning, crafts, doing something for yourself,etc) Thhen return to computer/IM and chit chat for about 15 mins *this is a reward and immediate acknowledgement of what was accomplished.

DRILL PARTNER - (noun) a person who is your online IM partner/buddy, their job it to encourage, support and sometimes kick you in the pants to get going on projects that need to be done. This is a 'job' for both or more of you, each supports and encourages the other. You can also use the 15 mins for working out various issues that are bugging you about the house, jobs, family, decor etc LOL

from "DRILL INSTRUCTOR"

TIMER - your buddy and friend .. Dollar Tree has digital timers for a buck, very handy for keeping on track

YAHOO IM:
    Ria's yahoo IM is la.modsquad6
    sometimes I forget to put it up, email me a reminder if you want to drill.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to HSLINKS For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

I need to clean kitchen, find the table

maybe get some christmas spirit .. still no tree up .. am very grinchy this year

Not even sure the tree is in the house it might be in another building - well I take that back I did find PART of a tree, no base though

Ria

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to HSLINKS For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

I did start a DRILL PARTNERS group over in the social group area .. It's public, so if you want/need someone to get you going to clean, organize, exercise or whatever come on over.

JoAnn said to stick it over there so I did.

So far its mostly us northern girls ME, OH and S DAKOTA (I think)

Ria (ME)

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to HSLINKS For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ria Thanks,
    I have a few mins. here to say Thank-You, I have found my Drill partners. From our conversation in another thread the other day. I believe only good things have come out of that thread. Which is a great start for me.
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to JoAnn For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

well I know if its just up to 'me' I get sidetracked real easy, with a partner I tend to write what needs done, they 'know' what needs done and if I get off track I get the kick in the pants .. LOL ..

Plus working in short spurts tends to make it move faster .. stuff gets done

once I am back in this mode I can use the commercial time on TV and get an amazing amount of little stuff done.

So far this morning I haven't got anything BIG done, but I have a bunch of little things started or finished ..

I made my MENU PLANNER master in MS since my Word program is jamming up, so couldn't use the exsisting one ..Heck most of my part of the JAN MENU PLANNER is done, gotta get the guys to write in theirs (always takes the longest). When it's all done, I need to move all the recipes into files on my one group (gets them off my computer for more space - one of those twofers)

Since word is acting up will redo the MASTER BILL PAYMENT CHART into MS and eventually just delete the Word, unless my gf can reload it.

OT:
    Anyone use Open Office?

Ria
    heading back to the table to clear it ..

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to HSLINKS For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I use Microsoft Office and Open Office also! I much prefer Open Office--Much more user friendly!

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to brchbell For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

OT COMPUTER STUFF - OO etc
    Kim,
    what can you do with OO? I know Kim Komando has recommended it and another HSer does too. Dori also does a lot of PDFs think she uses something called cutepdf or something like that for them though

I think before I toss anything else on my computer I have to get more stuff off it and into files online. Who knows that might be why I can't load up my word

I am fairly computer illiterate, I have a friend who is comp tech and she usually deals with anything on here. But I know my machine is pretty close to maxed
    Ria

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to HSLINKS For This Useful Post:

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I use the cutepdf and microsoft office sometimes corel office.

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to wilbe95 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast