Fiesta Chili Corn Bread

Fiesta Chili Corn Bread

Fiesta Chili Corn Bread:029: Corn Bread Crusts -- 2 packages (8.5 ounces each) corn muffin mix 2 eggs, slightly beaten 2/3 cup milk 1 can (11 ounces) Mexican-style corn, drained Filling -- 1 can (15 ounces) chili (vegetarian, or meat lovers can make it without beans) 1/2 cup green onions

ahead, bake, beans, breakfast, cake, chili, cream, eggs, hat, hot, jack, lunch, meal, meat, mexican, minutes, round, safe, vegetable, vegetarian, corn, ounces, pans, bread, oven, sour, shredded, cheese, freeze, fiesta, divide, heat, olives, crusts, make, drained, muffin, milk, green, onions, desired, garnish, serves, cheeses, packages, side, pull, freezer, defrost, turn

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fiesta Chili Corn Bread

Fiesta Chili Corn Bread
    Corn Bread Crusts --
    2 packages (8.5 ounces each) corn muffin mix
    2 eggs, slightly beaten
    2/3 cup milk
    1 can (11 ounces) Mexican-style corn, drained
    Filling --
    1 can (15 ounces) chili (vegetarian, or meat lovers can make it without beans)
    1/2 cup green onions with tops, thinly sliced
    1/2 cup pitted ripe olives, drained and chopped
    1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
    1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
    sour cream (optional)
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray 2 round (I used to use flan pans, but cake pans will do) with vegetable oil. If you like using parchment in the bottom of your pans, you can do that, too. Combine corn muffin mix, eggs, milk, and corn and mix until well blended. Divide batter evenly between pans and bake 20 minutes. Let bread cool for about 10 minutes and then turn out onto serving plates. Heat chili over medium heat until hot. Divide chili between corn bread crusts. Top with cheeses, green onions, and olives. Garnish with sour cream, if desired. Serves 16 as a side or 8 as a meal = about 260 calories and 13 grams of fat. since I make it as a meal and freeze ahead, I use one for dinner (breakfast and lunch portions) and freeze the other in a freezer/oven safe container. when I'm ready to have it again, I pull it out of the freezer, defrost, and reheat in the oven at 350 for about 20 minutes.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mos For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

these sound soo good! if it wasn't so late, i'd make some. tee hee!!
    Ich möchte ein eisbär sein, am kalten polar.... Dan müßte ich nicht mehr schrein... Alles wär so klar... Eisbären müssen nie weinen
    I'd like to be a polar bear, at the cold polar.. Then I wouldn't have to cry anymore.. Everything would be so clear.. Polar bears never have to cry

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KawaiiGiggle For This Useful Post: