Orzo Butternut Squash Soup with Sautéed Zucchini and Yellow Squash, Topped With Crisp- General Recipes

1 box BARILLA Orzo 3 tablespoons olive oil 2 cloves garlic, chopped 1/2 medium onion onions, chopped 5 cups butternut squash, diced 4 cups chicken broth 2 cups water 1 cup zucchini, diced 1 cup yellow squash, diced 4 ounces prosciutto, sliced into thin strips

black, box, bring, butter, chicken, cook, garlic, large, minutes, mix, olive oil, package, pot, salt, set, skillet, soup, taste, water, yellow, squash, zucchini, diced, cups, orzo, prosciutto, butternut, mixture, broth, serving, olive, chopped, onions, blend, bowls, blender, transfer, separate, saute, crispy, boil, pour, directions, sauteed, return, stirring, frequently, cloves, medium, onion

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Orzo Butternut Squash Soup with Sautéed Zucchini and Yellow Squash, Topped With Crisp

1 box BARILLA Orzo
    3 tablespoons olive oil
    2 cloves garlic, chopped
    1/2 medium onion onions, chopped
    5 cups butternut squash, diced
    4 cups chicken broth
    2 cups water
    1 cup zucchini, diced
    1 cup yellow squash, diced
    4 ounces prosciutto, sliced into thin strips
    to taste salt
    to taste freshly ground black pepper

HEAT olive oil in a large skillet; add onions and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
    ADD the butternut squash and allow it to carmelize. Cover mixture with chicken broth and simmer for 10 minutes. Pour the soup mixture into a blender and blend well.
    SAUTE zucchini and squash in a separate skillet.
    FRY prosciutto in another skillet and set aside.
    RETURN soup to a large pot, mix in the sauteed zucchini and squash. Add the water and bring to a boil.
    ADD Orzo to the pot and cook according to the package directions, stirring frequently.
    TRANSFER to serving bowls and top with crispy prosciutto before serving

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post:

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

Have you made this? I love every thing in here, I am going to try it next week

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leeannhoy28 For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Actually no, I got this in an email from Barilla this week. It had a section of winter soups & so I thought I'd pass some of them along. I thought this one sounded pretty yummy myself.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post: