Fels Naphta soap

Fels Naphta soap

don't know if this is the right thread for this or not but I'm so impressed with fels naphta soap that I wanted to share. I have been trying a few of the MYO that I'm finding on this site, finally found this soap (at Publix for .99cents) because I would like to try homemade laundry detergent as

bar, bars, cream, detergent, great, ice, ice cream, inexpensive, jus, liquid, mix, powder, read, regular, results, shave, soap, sounds, store, works, good, fels, washed, stuff, spots, naphta, kind, grease, trace, pretreating, stains, gease, left, kitchen, permanantly, real, rubbed, heat, thought, water, dried, share, wanted, impressed, thread, finding, site, laundry, homemade, storebought

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fels Naphta soap

don't know if this is the right thread for this or not but I'm so impressed with fels naphta soap that I wanted to share.

I have been trying a few of the MYO that I'm finding on this site, finally found this soap (at Publix for .99cents) because I would like to try homemade laundry detergent as soon as I run out of my storebought stuff. the bar read that it was also good for pretreating stains. I had grease (kitchen kind) on a top that had already been washed and dried twice. I'd given up on getting it out since I thought the heat had set it in permanantly. Wet all the spots and rubbed the soap in real good and washed in hot water. Not a trace of gease spots left on my top. This is GOOD STUFF!!

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yep! LOVE that soap. Great stuff and smells nice, too!
    Michelle

3. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DohDohBird For This Useful Post:

Smart Budgeter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Have you found any other places - we do not have that store in NE . Thanks Bobbi

5. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to bcoffey68359 For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry Bobbi, I had looked all over for it without any luck. someone posted that they ordered it on the internet but I didn't want to do that since I only wanted a few bars and didn't want to pay for that plus the shipping. Maybe you could ask the manager of your favorite grocery store about stocking it. worth a try.

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Niddi For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I can find it at Albertson's, WalMart, and a Hispanic market.
    Michelle

9. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DohDohBird For This Useful Post:

Smart Budgeter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have tried making laudry soap with Zote - And its alright ! Do you have trouble with it getting clumpy ~ It only stayed liquid when it was warm. - I ended up throwing my first and only batch away , because it was to thick and would not disolve in my washer . I was wondering if the laundry soap you make with the Fels Naphta soap stays liquid -may I will have to give it a try and experiment. Bobbi -NE

11. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to bcoffey68359 For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bobbi,
    I haven't tried making it yet, I need to use up the commercial stuff I have on hand so I'll have some empty containers to keep it in. Think I still have 3 bottles. Sorry you had to pitch yours, I'm a little sceptical since you said yours wouldn't disolve in the water and I wash most things in cold water. The recipe does say you have to stir it before each use, or if in old detergent bottles I guess shaking it good would work. I still plan to try it when I run out. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Niddi For This Useful Post:

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

You could try making the powder version, that's what I do.
    I shred the Fels Naptha ( OR ZOTE. I have used both. Not sure which I like best, they both do a great job) -- about a cups worth. After I shred the soap, I take 2 knives and criss-cross cut the soap into smaller bits. Then I take a cup of Arm & Hammer Washing Soda and a cup of 20 Mule Team Borax laundry booster and mix all three items ( soap bits, washing soda & laundry booster) together. I put mine in a plastic container and use 2 teaspoons per load. I broke down the cost, and it's about .02 per load. My wash is clean, fresh and old stains that seemed to be set-in for life, are gone. I use my homemade detergent for both cold and warm water washes. Works great.
    I haven't the 'courage' to make the liquid detergent, as the powder version works so well for me. I must admit, the first few washes, I was worried that the soad bits would 'melt'- but they did.
    I hope this helps you.

Happy Washing.

15. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mrs H For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast