Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    south bend IN cat lady
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default family lives off 44thousand a year......yah, ok

DH and I came accross this last night on MSN news. acording to the article a family of 5(?) lives off 44thousand a year debt free. They say they payed for there house in just years and have lived fregually scence. Here is whear they become a scam to me. They add there web site to the article. I thought I would visit and see if I can learn anything new. Almost the ENTIRE site is set up to sell there book or charge you to be a subscriber. Sorry, If im being fregal I am not buying all your information that was found on a million difrent free web sites to begin with. I looked through the summerys of there old newsletters ( they are even chargeing you to see there OLD newsletters !) And most of them are about things we already know. The information found free mostly on the web. All I can think is thank you! To those who run and update this site. You are the ones who really want to help others be frugal.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Doh

I've also seen this in the past about this family..SCAM for the ones that want to be frugal. Just about every where you look today--you can can find great ideas to share with friends. Liss's site here has alot of the same ideas people are selling. But come on aren't we all getting more out of this if you take the time and apply. The Frugal will not pay for something that is out here for the search.. Most look at this and think great... Quick fix NOT... Open your eyes people.... "All I can think is thank you! To those who run and update this site. You are the ones who really want to help others be frugal" --- redring--- Thanks for posting this info..Your posting might save some out and about some bucks...Liss, Thanks for being here.
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

3. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to JoAnn For This Useful Post:

Learning to Live Free!
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I agree about thanking the creators of this site, moderators, etc. While I know there are several sites to go to, it is hard to keep track of them all. By surfing around this site, I have already found some very useful ideas that should help me be able to save money this year!

5. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ShellVera777 For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I agree, SCAM is writin all over that one. I also have to say Thank You Liss for this site, you truely are an angel. You really do know the true meaning of helping others. Thank you so much for the site.

7. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to tsgal For This Useful Post:

Frugal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am right there with you all!! I had thought for years that I needed to watch my spending and to become more frugal. I had gone through numerious sites and there were a couple that seemed OK - when I came across Budget101 a few years back - I didnt think too much of is....then the more I looked and surfed .....I realized that this was the only site that offered it all!! I finally signed up this year (should have done this sooner!!) and I have learned so many ways to save and help keep me in-line with my budgeting!! Not only that - but I have met some of the best and nicest friends on here!! Liss can teach alot of those so-called frugal sites a thing or two!!

Kudo's to Liss!!!

Thanks for everything!!!!
    Last edited by faxonfive; 12-29-2008 at 10:31 AM. Reason: spelling
    Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong - Lynn in Virginia

9. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to faxonfive For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

this reminds me of an article i read way back in People magazine (not a scam) about families that live off half their income in which they donate the other half to charity. i think they get an award or recognition of some sort, i cant remember exactly - but i was wondering how a woman on her own can possibly live off $10,000 for a year. or a family with $30,000... But honestly, I really think it can be done somehow. Even $44,000 but not without government help (or scamming people online too) - at my work (i work at a nonprofit organization for low income people) the families total income is always about $5000 for the year!! and somehow they make it!!! not that i would recommend that but it's done. it just makes me think when i see all these families income levels and i wonder how they are not homeless and how they end up getting food/necessities but I guess they just cut everything out that isn't truly needed at all. *sigh* but it does help me appreciate what I do have ... which isn't much! lol

11. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to starsinnight For This Useful Post:

Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Heart

And most of them are about things we already know. The information found free mostly on the web. All I can think is thank you! To those who run and update this site. You are the ones who really want to help others be frugal.
    You're quite welcome, to tell you the truth, the responses I get from the members and site visitors is the reason I have kept the site and expanded it so much over the years. You all keep me going!

~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

13. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Liss For This Useful Post:

south bend IN cat lady
    Downloads
    Uploads

it is awsome! Thanks again!

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to redring For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast