Results 1 to 1 of 1
12-15-2008, 12:59 PM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
- outside Philadelphia, PA
- Blog Entries
Hershey's Chewy Drizzled Cinnamon Chip Cookies
Chewy Drizzled Cinnamon Chip Cookies
3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1-2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S Cinnamon Chips, divided
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup finely ground pecans or walnuts
1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
1. Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl until fluffy. Add corn syrup and egg; mix well.
2. Place 1 cup cinnamon chips in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at HIGH an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted when stirred. Stir melted chips into butter mixture.
3. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add to cinnamon chips mixture, beating just until blended. Cover; refrigerate dough about 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.
4. Heat oven to 350°F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in nuts, lightly pressing nuts into dough. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden around edges. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Drizzle with CINNAMON CHIPS DRIZZLE. About 5 dozen cookies
CINNAMON CHIPS DRIZZLE: Place remaining 2/3 cup cinnamon chips and 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil) in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 minute; stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.