Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Recipes made out of almost nothing

So i have noticed myself searching for recipes online for meals that don't require me to go to the grocery store for ingredients. And I thought some of you might have some recipes to contribute too..

Here is what I made:

Easy Brownies made with cocoa powder and most of your household ingredients.
    Easy Brownies made with cocoa - Recipe

Last night I made chicken with broccoli and peanut butter peanut sauce. It came out good.
    Cooks.com - Recipe - Peanut Sauce

And last week I made chicken with honey-soy sauce.
    Honey Soy Sauce Chicken Recipe

I figure if you have frozen meat and some rice, you can pretty much make any type of sauce you want for it.

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to starsinnight For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Another "ohno" recipe! Sounds good either tommorrow night or the next. We will try baking it. We4 like to experiment. Chicken is supposed to be good for you.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Margaret K For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Recipes made out of almost nothing

I always have pasta in the house so I can always toss together some noodles with frozen veggies and a quick sauce. Add some french bread (frozen the day it came home from the bread outlet) and you are in for a yummy cheap meal.

I make creamy alfredo, tomato sauce, pesto sauce, etc. with items I have on hand. If I have a meat item I can add great...but we usually go meatless.

Smart Budgeter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Recipes made out of almost nothing

I made a chicken pie last week that was so yummy- I had some leftover chicken (love to roast whole chickens) and used some left over baby carrots and a bag of broccoli that I had in the feezer. I make my crust from scratch so I always have that one hand. I must say that this chicken pie was the best one yet. I just love when I don't have to go to the grocery store- I didn't go at all last week.