Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Sewing Hlep, PLEASE!

I have wanted a sewing machine for ever and I havent been able to afford one, well the other day my grandmother came across one she got at a thrift store and never used so she said I could have it. She didnt know if it worked.

Well so far its working fine, I am having problems getting the bottom thread from the bobbin to loop up with the top thread. I have tried and tried and tried!
    Its driving me crazy, I want nothing more then to sew something and I cant.

I don't know if its me or the machine.
    I hope its just me and you can help me.

The machine is a Singer, Tiny Tailor Mending Machine TT600

Heres a link to and online guide, its not the best but you can make out the directions.

Singer TinyTailor Sewing Machine Instruction Manual

page 9 is where I get confused.... I mean I made it to page 12 but something doesn't add up so I keep going back.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ab2401 For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hope someone can help you. I've wanted a sewing machine too. Wish I could help you but this isn't up my alley sorry. But I wish you the Best of Luck. There are alot of sewers on here--so I know that someone will step up to help you.
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JoAnn For This Useful Post:

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

Take out the bobbin mechanism that holds the bobbin and loosen the little screw, but only a very tiny bit at a time until you are getting a good stitch!You have a bobbin tension problem. If the bobbin holder doesn't come out, then look inside - use a flashlight to find a screw to adjust it. Time consuming, but rewarding in the end. If all else fails, take it to a good sewing machine repair shop and have them show you how to do it. Its worth one repair bill just to learn that, and you might not even have to pay for one if they'll just tell you how to fix it.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Momo For This Useful Post:

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

I looked at the manual, and it isn't much help. I would add one other suggestion. Be sure the thread comes off the bobbin in the right direction. When you hold it so that the top and bottom are parallel to the floor, does it come off toward you or away from you? Some machines are picky about that. Try flipping it the other way so that it comes off away from you before you put the bobbin in. Unfortunately, your machine isn't for real sewing, but just for some minor mending. Even the manual says that. Get to know a reputable dealer and let the staff know what you are looking for. They get good used machines fairly often in a larger city, and maybe you can get a good deal on a real sewing machine. Good luck! I hope my suggestions help.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Momo For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unfortunately I can't read the images they provide. Do you have a neighbor friend that might be able to come over to look at the machine with you? Or perhaps see someone else's machine? Working with the bobbin is pretty standard I think so it should give you a better opportunity to make sure it is not the machine.
    I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mcnerd For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

for you ladies wanting a sewing machine. Please check if there is a freecycle group close to you and post your request. It's all about people giving things they no longer want or need to someone who can use it. I was graciously given a breadmaker (used of course but still works good) just by expaining that mine broke and I would put one to good use.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Niddi For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

oh I knew if wasnt for extensive sewing, I dont have much really.... in fact I was going to have to find something. LOL

We dont live really all that close to a large city so I'm out of luck there. I have done everything step by step and so far everything seems to be in the right place. What gets me is that the bottom thread is laying across the metal piece not under it so theres no way for it to form a loop. does it need to be under it?

This is as far as I have got:

Sorry about you guys not beaning able to read the guild, I guess it is kinda hard to see and the only reason I know what it was saying could because I have read the one I have a thousand times. Thanks for all the help so far.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ab2401 For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

guessing since I don't have this machine

did you leave a bit of a tail hanging out on the bobbin

make sure it's slid in tight

use your hand not foot to make the needle go up and down, have a tail on the needle too - hold the tail, have the needle go in (do not stop or back up the needle, keep turning) as it comes up it should haul up the bobbin tail , sometimes you have to sorta wiggle the needle tail

Ria

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HSLINKS For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast