Removing paint?

Removing paint?

So I have been painting my house for the past year and I (being dumb) have rinsed all the paint and painting items out in the bath tub, and now I can't get all of it out. The bathtub is fiberglass.... I think that's what I husband 'thinks... and it doesn't have a smooth bottom... its kinda bumpy

buy, end, form, hat, hey, items, local, men, oops, pain, paint, products, questions, remove, sell, store, things, tub, work, works, painting, bumpy, kinda, hopes, acidic, tile, comet, bleach, cleaner, dumb, rinsed, bath, year, past, house, thinks, husband, smooth, removing, bathtub, fiberglass, bottom

Thread: Removing paint?

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Removing paint?

So I have been painting my house for the past year and I (being dumb) have rinsed all the paint and painting items out in the bath tub, and now I can't get all of it out.

The bathtub is fiberglass.... I think that's what I husband 'thinks... and it doesn't have a smooth bottom... its kinda bumpy so to say. I have gotten most of it out.... but not all and now it just looks really bad.

I have tried bleach, comet and some acidic tile cleaner. In the hopes it would eat through the paint.

What can I do?

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ab2401 For This Useful Post:

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

You might end up having to buy some of that "OOPS" they sell in the paint departments. It is to remove paint from things. Not sure if it works on a tub or not. Anyone else know???

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wilbe95 For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ask questions at your local paint or hardware store, to be sure.
    But I have used denatured alcohol to remove the paint from my tub. Denatured alcohol is available form your local paint or hardware store.
    If this does not work look for products like (Goof Off) or (Oops) like Kim suggested.
    You can also find these items in a paint department or at the hardware store.
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JoAnn For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Downloads
    Uploads

You guys know more tan me....I haven't a clue?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to suey For This Useful Post: