Smart Budgeter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Star M-I-L's Meatloaf

My fiance told me years ago (jokingly) that he couldn't marry me until I learned how to make his mom's meatloaf. It took me 10 years to get the recipe from her, and 3 trys to get if right. (Still new to cooking, first one fell apart because I didn't pack it hard enough) It is very juicy, and makes a large loaf so that we* have leftovers for meatloaf sandwiches.

*By "we" I mean James, as all the leftovers will be gone by the time I get home from work the next day Enjoy!

Meatloaf

2 c. breadcrumbs, freshly made (I've been using the .09 cent bags of croutons that I got 3 Triple Coupons Events ago)
    1 onion, chopped fine
    2 eggs, slightly beaten
    2 lbs. ground beef
    2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
    1 meatloaf seasoning pack (we use McCormick's, and stock up with coupons)
    1 1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp. ground pepper
    3/4 c. milk

Preheat oven to 350F.
    Butter a loaf pan. (If using an inexpensive, higher fat content beef, omit this step)
    Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl; your freshly washed hands are the best tools for the job. (This is messy, as the fat will stick to your hands, but it is the fastest way to combine everything. Also, beef that was frozen that is thawed in the microwave will be VERY cold still.)
    Pat into loaf pan (Very firmly, this is where I kept messing up) and bake for 45 minutes.

I usually make homemade mashed potatoes and steamed corn on the cob to go with it. It is a family favorite that we eat all the time.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BellaInara For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

This sounds delicious! and so easy!!!
    Thanks
    Jaime OH

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jaime For This Useful Post: