Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Star The Black Friday Experience

How did everyones Black Friday Experience Go? I have to say, it was the first time in YEARS that I ventured out, even though I hadn't planned on it. DH really has been wanting a laptop for work and I found a great deal.

I was so shocked with how Polite people actually were that we stuck around a little while and actually did some Holiday Shopping. Not much, but I did find the perfect gift for my dad.

How was your experience?
    ~Enjoy!~

FreebieQueen

Like Budget101 on Facebook!
    Join us on Twitter #Budget101

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FreebieQueen For This Useful Post:

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mine was great, I shopped in my own pantry to make gifts in a jar .
    I just could not bring myself to attempt going to the stores.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wilbe95 For This Useful Post:

Freebie Hunter
    Downloads
    Uploads

I did not have such a good experience. People were anything but polite as they jumped the gun 10 mins early at wal-mart, there was pushing, cart ramming, name calling, stealing things out of peoples carts, and general whining about everything. At Walgreens we lined up outside the store in single file, till open, then someone ran in, opened the exit door and the back of the line pasted up people in the front. They only had between 4-6 of the big items so people that had waited hours missed out to people who had just arrived. I had to climb a ladder to get to one of the items that I went after as I noticed one high on the stock shelf that the other vultures had missed.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lovetosavemoney For This Useful Post:

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wow Lovestosavemoney, you just helped to reassure for me that I did not miss out on one thing! So much for the spirit of the season. Glad you did get the one item they missed.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wilbe95 For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

lovetosavemoney, glad you weren't hurt. Read in this mornings paper that a Wal Mart employee in NY died after he was knocked down, stepped on and over after opening the doors to let the crowd in. Tragic.

Wilbe95 you have the right idea. my motto these days is slow down, enjoy the season and remember the reason.

Did go to 3 stores to get 3 advertised items that family members requested, but left late and enjoyed a leisurely lunch with hubby. Have cut back on gift giving the last few years and started looking in thrift stores for new items that can be used for gifts throughout the year. Some people would be surprised at the new items donated by local merchants to Goodwill, love that kind of shopping. Need to try making some of the food and bath products gift jars though. I really like the idea of that personal touch.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Niddi For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Heart

I went out later in the day, after enjoying a quite morning at home.
    I did retail for years, so I know what can happen in the stores early in the morning hours.

I did go to 2 thrift stores. And like Niddi said there are some great things to be found. I found 2 nite gowns still in the main store wraps,they were $2.50 each. Then a really nice wooden magazine rack, the women at the register couldn't find a price for it so she sold it to me for $1.50. I was very please with these purchases.

Then the women that was bagging at the register had a smock on filled with many pins on it, she had a very beautiful fairy pin. I told her how pretty it was and she turn around and took it off and gave it to me. She told me not to say a word and have a blessed day--I thanked her. (This is kind of a weird story but a few years ago. I was going thur a checkout. And the clerk liked the pin that I had on and I did the same thing --took it off and gave it to the clerk......So I believe this day for me was really special. So sorry to hear that some out here weren't as lucky.
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JoAnn For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I dont do the black Friday thing, number one my three year old likes to go shopping and there is no way I will take her out there in that mess. Not to mention the people in this city are rude when its not black friday so I dont take a chance. We did go to a pet store that afternoon to get some fish aquarium filters, the experience in the store was not that bad but we did have a problem with people not thinking the line out of the parking lot was moving fast enough cutting in front of people etc. I hate black friday LOL The way I look at it is I don't save enough to risk my life so I stay home
    Mdowdy

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mdowdy For This Useful Post:

Freebies Make My Day
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smart thinking Mdowdy. I have never done the Black Friday thing. I like the excitement of shopping right before the holidays. Plus everyone changes their minds between now and then anyway. By xmas they really know what they want. Fads come & go, very quickly.
    Hope Everyone Is Enjoying The Day. Best Wishes From MN ~ Pamela

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jkpjohnson For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast