Fancy beaded christmas ornament hooks

Holidays & Special Occasions Christmas-Yule-hanukkah-Kwanzaa-Winter Solstice Fancy beaded christmas ornament hooks

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      faxonfive

Saw these at a craft bazaar last month 🙂

18 Gauge copper wire or similar wire that you have on hand
      Assorted pretty beads
      Needle nose pliers
      dowel – or something similar, like a pen, to bend the wire around

Clip off about 4 inches of wire. Find something fat enough to make a hook shape when you wind the wire around it – I used the handle of a paint brush. Bend the wire clockwise to make the hook then, on the straight end, thread on a very pretty bead.

For smaller beads I added three beads with a bigger one in the middle and two smaller beads at each end. For larger beads, like the flag bead, one is enough. I love that flag bead!

When you thread on the last bead, bend the wire so that the beads won’t fall off, as shown in the picture. With something larger than your first dowel or pen, (maybe a magic marker or a highlighter marker) bend a large loop, again going clockwise at first but with the next loops going anti-clockwise, or the opposite way of the first hook at the top.

Make the anti-clockwise loops with needle nose pliers, simply circling the wire in towards the larger loop.

Put a fancy Christmas ornament on the bottom loop and feed it through until it lies on the larger loop. Make several of these for a great homemade Christmas gift.

Fast, easy and it really does look great and one of a kind. Enjoy!

:holiday:

Chrissiemags

I have a huge stash of beads, this will be a perfect way to jazz up my tree and use up those beads!

faxonfive

I love the way these look on our tree too!!!

jaime

I also have a big stash of beads. I think I will use this for my GS meeting this month. Thanks!

Jaime

faxonfive

Thanks Jaime, I used to be a girl scout troop leader. Those girls are fun!!!

jaime

Lynn, they sure are. We are on year 8 now and they are teens…Ahh!
      LOL
      Jaime

faxonfive

Wow, teens…that is kewl…our group ranged from 6 year old through 15…that was great!! I loved when we did Christmas caroling at the University of Virginia, while we caroled we asked for canned food donations that we donated to the food bank. Girl scouts really is something the girls look forward too!!

jaime

Lynn, i love the food donation idea. I will have to run that one by the girls.

Thanks!

faxonfive

Your welcome Jaime!! We also handed out candy canes while caroling … we even had some people stop and carol with us 🙂

jaime

That sounds like so much fun! Thanks for the great ideas:)

faxonfive

Your welcome!!

The girls will get alot of joy and Christmas spirit from this also.

suey

Sounds like a good idea for kids to help with!! 🙂

faxonfive

It really is Suey and great keepsakes!!

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Holidays & Special Occasions Christmas-Yule-hanukkah-Kwanzaa-Winter Solstice Fancy beaded christmas ornament hooks