Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forever Stamps

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb Forever Stamps

Buy Forever Stamps

When getting ready to buy stamps for your Holiday greetings, consider the forever stamp at the post office. Its the one you buy at the current rate but is good even if rates go up. Alot of local companies have gotten the Forever stamps. ( Saving money where they can ).

Package rates/express/priority rates are going up after the first of the year. First class postage will be going up in May.

This is a good tip if you are planning on using snail mail in the future for -- Weddings, Shower Invites, Graduation and future parties that are coming up.

JoAnn
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to JoAnn For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oh wow I never knew this but I will really use it !!! I write a whole bunch of letters and am having a baby shower this coming year as well !!! AWESOME !!!
    Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD. Psalm 127:3
    There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: the number of thy days I will fulfil.
    Exodus 23:26

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to incheck4real For This Useful Post:

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

The post office doesn't exactly push these. When I go, I prefere to buy a roll of 100 stamps so I can do less trips and since you never really know when the price will go up again I prefer to get these. Pennies add up

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wilbe95 For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Kim, You are correct the pennies do add up. Where I live we have a local Post Office, just a one horse town -- to say. I get a chance to talk to the Post Master daily while picking up my mail. She gave me this info yesterday. I still purchased a small amount of the Hoilday Stamps for my Christmas Cards (knowning the amount I needed).
    JoAnn

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JoAnn For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I do this too. It really can add up. Thanks for the post! (no pun tended )

Jaime

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jaime For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

The post office is shooting itself in the foot. People are using it less because the cost keeps increasing, and with the internet, there's less need. The cost is increasing to compensate for people using it less (and the price of gas? which has gone down sharply!)

As for me, I don't see a one penny savings as a wise investment of my money. All it does is give the post office more earnings this quarter. Using the forever stamps might be wise for businesses with large mail output, but I would rather invest my extra cash into something that saves me more than a penny per every forty-something pennies I spend. For example, buying ground beef in bulk when it goes on sale five pounds for $4.98 is a better way to save money, because ground beef is usually almost two dollars a pound. Doesn't it make more sense to invest in an 85 cents savings than a 20 cents savings (per pound vs per book of stamps)?

Just my "two cents" on the whole stocking up to save a few cents thing.
    Michelle

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DohDohBird For This Useful Post:

Frugal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

These are great!! I love the fact that they dont expire!!! Thanks!!
    Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong - Lynn in Virginia

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to faxonfive For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Star

Yes -- Lynn,
    That's the whole idea that the stamps don't expire. And if you have a budget of only buying so many and needing them in the future -- then these are the postal stamp to go with.

The smaller homebased companies just starting out can use these wisely too. Alot of people buy and trade thur the mail so this could help them also.

If there is one philosophy that I was taught in the business world and have lived by. It has to be the famous Benjamin Franklin quote, (A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned). Good old Ben knew exactly what he was talking about, and it’s just pure business ideology.
    JoAnn

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JoAnn For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast