help with cats

i have 2 cats and have gotten rid of one already because i know for a fact that she was peeing on stuff but right now i have another one thats peeing on our clothes clean and dirty how do i get rid of the smell i want tried and true help because i have tried the apple vinegar and it doesnt work at

bath, bathtub, brand, cat, change, cleaning, cleaning products, dry, hat, laundry, mar, mart, minutes, pet, products, rid, spray, stay, wal, wal-mart, peeing, cats, vinegar, true, smell, apple, carpet, desprate, work, fact, clothes, clean, dirty, stuff

Thread: help with cats

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy help with cats

i have 2 cats and have gotten rid of one already because i know for a fact that she was peeing on stuff but right now i have another one thats peeing on our clothes clean and dirty how do i get rid of the smell i want tried and true help because i have tried the apple vinegar and it doesnt work at all im in desprate help and i have pee on the carpet as well

please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to momof5 For This Useful Post:

Freebies Make My Day
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am not sure, but check out these links from the wikihow website, I use this for alot of differant information. Good luck.

Cats - how to articles from wikiHow many subcategories

House Training Cats - how to articles from wikiHow I saw a few articals in here for your issue.
    Hope Everyone Is Enjoying The Day. Best Wishes From MN ~ Pamela

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jkpjohnson For This Useful Post:

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

My cat was doing that too. The bathtub, the rugs, the laundry baskets everwhere! I ended up buying some Hartz "Stay Off training spray" about $5.00 for a spray can in the pet aisle at Wal-Mart (little pricey but it really worked) it has a stinky smell for a little while (like 30 minutes), but she only uses the litter now. I also had to change the litter brand. To get rid of the smells I had to clean the carpets and used a lot of citrus smelling cleaning products on the tub and laundry baskets.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wilbe95 For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Add baking soda to your wash and you may need to double wash it. Buy a new litter box. Often cats will stop using theirs once the urine smell seeps into the plastic.
    Michelle

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DohDohBird For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

they will also do this if they are mad about something. have you gotten a new pet or something that is taking your attention off of them? They get jealous sometimes just like children. As far as the smell, I am not sure I would try cleaning the carpets etc.
    Mdowdy

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mdowdy For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have had the same problem... and I hated to but had to re home them to someone who had a lots of land, so they could be indoor/outdoor cats with out getting ran over.

Nothing, that I have tried, read or heard will REALLY take the smell of cat pee out of things. You can cover it up for a little bit with strong smelling things but then you just have whatever you sprayed + cat pee smell floating around.

We had to cut up and replace parts of our carpet from the cats peeing in one spot(s). I'm sorry I haven't been of much help. Maybe a vet can prescribe you something... Getting a new littler box was a great idea... I have heard that also.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ab2401 For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

we had this problem with our boy cat munchskin.. i ended up washing EVERYTHING with lemon juice.. the whole house smelled like lemon juice but i love the smell of lemons. any citrus fruit will work. lemon, orange, lime, i got the bottled lemon juice and just used it straight from the bottle and i got lemon laundry soap and used lemon essential oil on a wash cloth in the dry. he stopped peeing on everything after it all smelled like lemon.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to KawaiiGiggle For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

When I had a cat and there were "accidents" I sprinkled baking sode directly on the spot, let it sit overnight then vac. it up the next morning. I also changed litter and put a layer of baking soda under the litter. Cleaning the carpet doesn't help much - the urine soaks thru the carpet the pad all the way to the floor. Cleaning just gets the spot wet again. There is a product out now "Urine-B-Gone". It is pricey but it does work pretty well. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Janice Terrell For This Useful Post: