Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Worse thing that has happened to you in regards to signing up for freebies?

This isn't too bad, but this is all new to me.

I received a bill yesterday via snail mail for $20.00 for a magazine subscription that I didn't sign up for. I know it's the result of my "freebie sign ups" because it referrenced the email addy I've been using for all of this.

I went to their site and canceled it along with mailing back their bill with "cancel" on it and sending a copy of my canceled web page. Hopefully that takes care of things.

What's the worse thing that has happened to you in regards to signing up for freebies?

Frugal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have gotten something like that before too!! I do the same thing and write cancel.
    Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong - Lynn in Virginia

3. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to faxonfive For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

don't known
    none of my freebie come

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to danghsia For This Useful Post:

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Heart

don't known
    none of my freebie come
    Thank you for the laugh for the day!

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wilbe95 For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lots of SPAM emails...

but the worst thing had to be an email I got from a new company and they said they had no idea that they would get so many people wanting freebies and they can't give it to everyone. They made me feel bad because they referenced the "freebie forums" that pass the link around and made it sound like a bad thing! like we were doing something illegal.

I NEVER sign up for magazine freebies - i know that scam. Even the one I'm signed up for legitimately (Cosmo) and pay for tries to scam me. This year they re-did my subscription when I didn't want them too and sent me crediter bills too about it. They said I was put on "auto-subscribe" ha!

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to starsinnight For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think all magazines do that. They assume you'll love their magazine so much you'll be willing to fork over $20 OR you'll fork over $20 just to get rid of them. After seeing some of the magazines they have to generate revevue from somewhere.

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Janice Terrell For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Downloads
    Uploads

I signed up for free napkins and now i got an e-mail saying i'm receving 3000....I hope this was a typo.

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to suey For This Useful Post:

Smart Budgeter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oh my word....If I get bills for all these magazine subscriptions I have I am going to freak. I started doing this freebie stuff only a few months ago but only take the subscriptions that say no credit card ever.

Also, I got that email your talking about with the pancake mix. They said they were a ma and pa company and that some freebie site got a hold of their website.
    I felt so bad but I really did want to try their product!!! I don't request samples for things that I am sure I wont use or really don't want.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Perfect_10 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast