coupon binders

how many of you use coupon binders and how do you have them set up i am trying to get one started but i am having problems trying to figure it out for sure

band, changing, coupons, cut, envelopes, fron, held, knew, line, list, make, online, rubber, shopping, small, star, started, store, time, tops, coupon, binders, problems, figure

Thread: coupon binders

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default coupon binders

how many of you use coupon binders and how do you have them set up i am trying to get one started but i am having problems trying to figure it out for sure

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to momof5 For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

I started out with a bunch of small envelopes (tops cut off) held together with a rubber band. Each envelope was marked with a catergory to hold the coupons. The front envelope was the shopping list and coupons I knew I would use.

I kept changing the envelopes as I used the coupons and made other changes as time went along. You will then probably find something like what you want/need in the store or online or make it yourself.

Everyone has kind of a different method. Find what is comfortable and practical for you.
    I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mcnerd For This Useful Post:

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I do the envelope system also and keep them in the wallet next to the check book so that I always have the coupons with me when I go to the store.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wilbe95 For This Useful Post:

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Info

I have a 3" 3-ring binder filled with trading card sheets. It is divided with tabs for different categories (produce,meats,paper goods, toiletries,ect.). It is very easy to use and you can see all the coupons through the clear sleeves!!

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to wendylapointe For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

I use a 12 pocket expanding file folder that I got at Wal Mart for $2.00.It's about 4inches high and 9 inches wide. Each of the 12 pockets is labeled with a food category and then I use evelopes in each pocket to break that category down even farther. Works pretty well for me and goes with me every time I walk in a grocery store. TIP put several address labels on the outside that also have your phone number on it. I have left it in the buggy or on the register several times but have always gotten it back.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Niddi For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Niddi View Post
    TIP put several address labels on the outside that also have your phone number on it. I have left it in the buggy or on the register several times but have always gotten it back.
    How fortunate you were. Didn't work for me. Left in the cart one day and got home before realizing what happened, went back, nothing. No contact and nothing returned to the store after checking a couple weeks. I guess my coupons and organizer were worth more than honesty.
    I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mcnerd For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

momof5,
    I'm really glad you asked this question. I don't have a good system set up. I'm usually digging in an envelope, then picking the ones out that I need, as I go. I'm aways afraid that one day that the coupons are going to go flying all over the store floor loll.
    wendylapointe-- has a great idea with the binder. When I was on my last shopping trip, I saw a women with the same system. She was kind enough to show it to me. And what an awsome setup it was. So organized too. I'm going to try this one.
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JoAnn For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question for the 3 ring binder users, it just seems so big to carry around the stores with me. Do you find it cumbersome when you are shopping? Thanks.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lcove2000 For This Useful Post: