Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Air Defenders Free Educator Kit
11-21-2008, 05:04 AM #1
- Join Date
- Jan 1995
- in front of the puter
- Blog Entries
Air Defenders Free Educator Kit
The original Air Defenders program was developed in Wisconsin. Therefore, Wisconsin residents may order 1 copy of the kit for free (see on-line form below). The new and improved version of the Air Defenders kit was produced for the Great Lakes states (WI, MI, MN, IL, OH, IN, PA, NY) and Ontario, Canada. So residents of these areas may use the list below to contact their area representative to receive their free kit. Non-residents of these areas and residents who would like multiple copies, may order for a small fee. Keep reading to find out how you can receive your official Air Defenders Kit!
What's in the Air Defenders Educator's Kit
All materials for the Air Defenders Educator's Kit are housed in a folder that is loaded with the materials you'll need to present information about open burning, air quality, and respiratory health to your students.
(1) Introduction to the Air Defenders brochure, which includes information about the contents of the kit case, technical requirements for accessing the materials, and system requirements for running the Air Defenders Interactive Educational Game.
-One CD contains music by and for Air Defenders along with supplemental music education materials (in PDF format).
-One CD contains the Air Defenders Interactive Educational Game and supplemental education materials (in PDF format).
(1) DVD featuring the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources short musical "Give Burn Barrels The Boot" and an informational video for adult audiences on open burning.
(3) Posters that not only look cool but offer valuable information about air pollution.
-One poster is promotional and features the Air Defenders characters in vibrant, kid-friendly colors.
-Another poster explains and illustrates how air pollution triggers asthma and offers lots of additional scientific information.
-The last poster illustrates and gives information about the chemicals released when open burning occurs and also offers loads of information.
(1) Music Teachers Guide (in PFD format) which gives you all of the Air Defenders sheet music, lyrics, and a guide to the tracks on the music CD.
(1) Teachers Activity Guide "Give Burn Barrels The Boot" (in PDF format). This guide is chock full of information and activities you can share with your class.
Also included are PDF versions of pamphlets and brochures from the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources about Wisconsin fire laws and regulations, frequently asked questions about open burning, information about burn barrels, health hazards of burning leaves and ozone educational materials with an Air Quality Index.
Air Defenders - About Air Defenders
Available for free for the residents of the Great Lakes states (WI, MI, MN, IL, OH, IN, PA, NY) and Ontario, Canada.